Starting again and looking for people in the same position

Options
Hi, I am going to start counting the calories again and hopefully it will lead me to feel more healthy in both body and mind.

I am totally not in the mood to attempt this again but find myself struggling to get stuff done with my weight ballooning weekly.

I am hoping logging in and blogging/posting will keep me from binging at the end of the day or in the night like I have the last few times I have made the effort to start.

I think if I can nail it for a week then I will be more convinced about keeping it up till i lose the weight.

I am 240lb but should really be about 190 really. 50lb to go starting today.

If anybody is prepared to put up with my whinging then please add me. (maybe I'll cheer up in a few days. lol) :grumble:

Replies

• TodayImEvolving
    TodayImEvolving Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm happy, obnoxiously happy. You can add me, we can balance each other out. :drinker:
  • yasminjohaadien
    Options
    You can add me too. I've been on and off the wagon a couple of times in the last 3 years, and I think I finally have it down mentally....
  • Putziebear
    Putziebear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well I was in great shape and lost it. Have tried many things and different sites. I have never tried a support group like this. So if anyone needs boosting up and I know I may need a kick in the pants every now and then I would appreciate you adding me on to your friend list. We can cheer and boost or kick each other to our respective goals. :flowerforyou:
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same spot before as well, many times actually. I've been around 190 lbs most of my life from 21 to my late 20's. Then we had our first daughter, I ballooned up to 228 lbs. I lost that weight though and got back down to 190 lbs again. Then we had our second daughter, this time I got up to 215 lbs. Lost that weight down to 188 lbs. Then I just lost all motivation with the gym and eating healthy and went back to my old habits. Got back up to 211 lbs. Now I'm down to 204.5 lbs after about a month of exercising and eating healthy again.

I'm really tired of the ups and downs and realize its only myself that is causing this. I've learned to turn to food for stress relief and out of boredom which is bad news. So I'm just going to make this a lifetime habit vs a temporary idea to lose a little weight and then slack off.

For someone of my height at 5'11" I really should be around 170-180 lbs tops, so I really need to actually lose a little more than where I've been at in the past, so I'm shooting for 175 lbs, which is a little over 35 lbs of total weight loss. I'm giving myself a realistic timeframe as well, around 1 lb per month of weight loss is my goal. By next spring/summer I should be at or near my goal weight.

I think what's worked best for me is simply counting calories, watching portion sizes, limiting but still allowing junk foods and sweets, and exercising 3-4 times a week. Your diet will affect your weight loss the most, while exercising will help you feel better, tighten up your body, and help supplement your weight loss.

Good luck to you!
  • sweetestdownfall18
    Options
    I'm the same.. can't seem to find the motivation to eat well for anymore than a few days even though I'm really not happy with myself at the minute :/
    I'd be grateful for people to add me and help keep me motivated and I'll do the same back! :)
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm rebooting my body and upgrading my soul. My operating system is an evolving WIP. Feel free to add me. I also speak geek.
  • ennovi78
    ennovi78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back into this again, so feel free to add me too. We can whine ourselves thin :)
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I've just gotten serious here again in the past couple of days. Feeling strong at the moment. Anyone can add me. :flowerforyou:
  • gillw15
    gillw15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yep me too,starting again lol need to find some motivation so feel free to add me :)
  • aarthur72213
    Options
    Just recently started back too...needing friends on here ADD ME :)
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    me me me!!! The scale hasn't moved for me in 6+ months!
    Starting over with a personal trainer and going to the gym myself
    feeling frustrated!
    new friends welcome who are in the same boat for sure!!
  • BethLuttrell
    BethLuttrell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Changing your lifestyle takes time and the hardest part is staying motivated. I lost over 70lbs a couple years ago but after the stress of a divorce and falling back into bad habits I quickly packed some of the pounds back on. I am holding myself accountable and recently recomitted to changing my life for the best.

We all have our days with our ups and downs but its up to us to work with it and pull through!

I am relatively new with myfitness pal but looking for others to stay motivated with and help with the lifelong journey!
  • rebekahlp
    Options
    You can add me too, I'm so frustrated right now. We can vent lol
  • klemon10
    Options
    I am starting again today logging my meals and exercises. I am on day 29 of the insanity workout, I have not lost any weight the first month possibly inches. Therefore, this month I want to follow the eating plan to see if I get better results. Keep pushing play
  • Simples77
    Simples77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday..back on the band wagon and determined to reintroduce exercise as the norm

You've already added me but anyone else please feel free to add me. I'm keen to get this weight off and need the motivation!
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! This is my first day back on the boards after a few months. I know I am going to need all the support I can get :)