Waitressing job to office job...help!

Options
So, I have recently graduated from university where I also had a fast paced waitressing job several times a week. I have been lucky enough to land my perfect job, but 3 days out of 5 I am based in an office. So, as you can imagine I'm sat still for 8 hours a day and my body isn't used to it. I've joined the gym to attend classes but wondered if anyone could add me as a friend just to push me along to keep my office meals healthy and motivate me to hit the gym after work!?

Replies

• darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Request sent
  • Obidalagirl
    Options
    I will certainly try :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Just as long as you remain very aware of your diet and exercise, it should not pose a major problem.

However this is how I gained about 40 lb in one year. I worked at a video store as a manager, where I was on my feet and very busy for 8 hours per day, and then had a lot of active hobbies on my weekdays off. I went to an office job being completely sedentary and having weekends off with my then-husband who loved to dine out and cook rich foods. So yeah, gained a ton of weight.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I see from your profile that you're really looking for friends more your age, and since I'm 54 y/o, I will just share with you what I'm doing because I'm in your position.

Six or so years ago I went from an active job to sedentary, as you're doing now. As a result, I've packed on a few unwanted lbs. Since I'm not a motivated-to-exercise morning person, I go out and walk three miles after dinner as often as possible. That really helps me sleep, and it sort of makes up for the loss of activity during the day.

Best wishes for a healthy weight!
  • melaniealbert1978
    Options
    I worked in the warehouse type enviroment for many years that kept me busy and moving. Then I was promoted to my ideal position in the office.
    After a while the wieght started creeping up on me. I have now been working in an office for over 8 years and yes the weight gain happened. You need to make sure you eat healthy and because you are at a desk try to take time to get up and walk if you can and be more active. And dont foget to drink water.

Hope this helps