Eating slightly more for a week and freaking out??

Options
I've been eating slightly more than I usually do for over a week now. For the past few weeks, ive been eating below 1000kcal because I feel more secure eating that amount.

Previously when I was experimenting by eating 1300 kcal for about a month or so I've got comments from my family members saying that I've gained weight which freaked me out and I cut down a ton of calories. I also exercise at least 6 days a week now for over an hour, vigorously.

However right now, about a week before my period started until now (am in the middle of my period) I've been eating slightly more than 1000 kcal per day (it can range from 1050 - 1350) and I'm really scared I'll gain weight.

I'm 5'2 - 5'3 so I'm pretty short. I'm 130 lbs now but I want to get down to 105-110 lbs.

I've seen loads of instagrammers posting how cleanly they eat and i constantly try to emulate that but I find myself having major cravings for food and if I don't give in by eating a bite or two of my craving food per day, I'll binge at the end of the week and it makes me feel like crap.

I'm really lost and I don't know what to do. I think I need help.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more then 1,000 calories a day. Esp if you exercise as much as you say you do. Whenever I up my calories i always gain a few pounds and then my body normalizes and it goes away.
  • awlosing30
    awlosing30 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The scale will probably show a gain because of your TOM for the next couple of days. I 've been told when it's your TOM to make your added calories as much protein as possible. If you're on a vegan style diet (eating clean means different things for different people), idk... but when it's your TOM, drink loads of water and protein. Drink protein shakes if you dont want to consume meat. But your body will adjust if you keep working out at the pace you're on. Good Luck!