Hi im New...in need of inspiration and any good tips!!!

Options
Hi guys..... im Tammie and i'm in need of inspiration and some good tips to get me through the slog of losing weight!!.........................:flowerforyou: also can any one tell me how i change my age on my profile as it says im 30 and im only 28!!! hee hee,:flowerforyou:

Replies

• terrym04
    Options
    I don't really have any tips. Just logining in all your food really helps. I use to walk through the kitchen and grab little things here and there and never realized how much I ate. Just being aware of the things you put into your body will help you start the process of losing the weight! Good luck! BTW I couldn't figure out the age part. Sorry!:smile:
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Hi Tammy.

To change your age, go to "My Home", then "Settings", then click on "Update diet/fitness profile". You should be able to correct your Date of Birth there.

Good luck with your journey :smile:
  • Tammiemoore1982
    Options
    Thanks Terry...your so right since i've been tracking what im eating i've realised how much i eat!!! Especially at 10am when my little girl naps!!! The Great thing about this site is ....you can eat it ..but you've got to work it off...i like that...it stops you feeling guilty...well done with your 6 pound weight loss thats great!!!:happy:
  • Tammiemoore1982
    Options
    Hi Tammy.

To change your age, go to "My Home", then "Settings", then click on "Update diet/fitness profile". You should be able to correct your Date of Birth there.

Good luck with your journey :smile:

Thankyou Lisa thats great i've managed to change it...good luck with your journey too!!:wink:
    0555 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Tammie, Welcome to MFP. This site is really great! The only tip I have for you right now is take advantage of all the useful tools on this site and let all the great people that are in the same situation as we are be your support. They are awesome. Also what has helped me is to remember " Eat to Live, Not Live to Eat" I try to stay active because I have a 2 year old grandson that is very active right now and we play outside alot for some exercise. Good luck and you can add me as a friend if you would like, maybe we could give each other some inspiration. Take care.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    You will do fantastically on here, if you are honest and log ever single thing that goes in your mouth. I also find having my food diary open to friends helps as it stops me having mad pig out sessions. Avoid salt and drink loads of water. Good luck :D
  • Tammiemoore1982
    Options
    Hi Tammie, Welcome to MFP. This site is really great! The only tip I have for you right now is take advantage of all the useful tools on this site and let all the great people that are in the same situation as we are be your support. They are awesome. Also what has helped me is to remember " Eat to Live, Not Live to Eat" I try to stay active because I have a 2 year old grandson that is very active right now and we play outside alot for some exercise. Good luck and you can add me as a friend if you would like, maybe we could give each other some inspiration. Take care.

Thankyou very much for your post....i was doing really great at the start of spring and summer walking lots with my little one, taking her to the park etc but now the weather is getting Colder and windier i dont have the same inspiration im really hoping this will help me i have a wii fit so hopefully i can burn calories on that whilst my little girl has a nap. I will now add you as a friend and yes hopefully we can help each other. Kind Regards
  • Tammiemoore1982
    Options
    You will do fantastically on here, if you are honest and log ever single thing that goes in your mouth. I also find having my food diary open to friends helps as it stops me having mad pig out sessions. Avoid salt and drink loads of water. Good luck :D

Thankyou, yes im being very honest and im quite shocked at how many calories are even in things that are quite healty so its well worth calculating everything....i think i can see where i was going wrong. Well done your doing very well on your weight loss...28lbs is amazing....i hope to lose about that too...how long did that take for you?:happy:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options

Thankyou, yes im being very honest and im quite shocked at how many calories are even in things that are quite healty so its well worth calculating everything....i think i can see where i was going wrong. Well done your doing very well on your weight loss...28lbs is amazing....i hope to lose about that too...how long did that take for you?:happy:

I have been doing this since march, although I slacked off a bit in the middle, didnt gain though, just didnt lose. I reckon it took me about 5 months, Im hoping for the same again in the next five then I am pretty much done :D
  • Tammiemoore1982
    Options

I have been doing this since march, although I slacked off a bit in the middle, didnt gain though, just didnt lose. I reckon it took me about 5 months, Im hoping for the same again in the next five then I am pretty much done :D

Go for it your doing great so far!!! and in 5 months aswell...awesome!!
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tammy!!

The best tip I can suggest is planning your food, I find when I go shopping and set certian meals I usually stick to them and dont end up over eating...Also weighting the food is supposed to help, but I keep forgetting to buy my scales haha!!

Sent a friend request to you also :-) xx
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tammy!!

The best tip I can suggest is planning your food, I find when I go shopping and set certian meals I usually stick to them and dont end up over eating...Also weighting the food is supposed to help, but I keep forgetting to buy my scales haha!!

• Tammiemoore1982
    Options
    Welcome Tammy!!

HI Bethany, i agree i started weighing my food today and couldn't believe how much cereal i ate before compared to the 40g i weighed out this morning...to be honest it was just the right amount....i've really noticed today how i used to keep shovelling it in when i was full!!! :smile: