keep off the weight for good!&Change my lifestyle~

Options
Hello guys/gals. I am nineteen and have tried all the wrong and some of the right ways to lose weight.
I've gone too extreme lost weight and gained it back. I've given up when I wasn't seeing results fast enough.
From reading I'm coming to terms that I need to change my lifestyle not just my diet. I do not want to be so strict that I can never enjoy dinner or go out for a meal of wings at a football game. Obviously I cannot do it everyday.
My goal here is to find a happy medium that works and I stick too.
I appreciate all tips! :)

Replies

• benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Greetings Karia and welcome to MFP!
    I have adopted a whole-of-lifestyle approach.
    Weight loss isn't the primary goal for me, but total health, well being and longevity.
    Weight loss is then a very welcome by-product.
    My approach includes regular intense exercise, a calorie-controlled wholefoods plant-based (vegan) diet, maintaining important relationships, good sleep habits, and meditation. Its an approach that I recommend.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • karia17
    karia17 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Greetings Karia and welcome to MFP!
    I have adopted a whole-of-lifestyle approach.
    Weight loss isn't the primary goal for me, but total health, well being and longevity.
    Weight loss is then a very welcome by-product.
    My approach includes regular intense exercise, a calorie-controlled wholefoods plant-based (vegan) diet, maintaining important relationships, good sleep habits, and meditation. Its an approach that I recommend.
    kind regards,

Ben

Thank you for the insight and advice, I do appreciate it! I am not sure a vegan lifestyle is for me though.
    Sadly I do not think I'd be able to stick with that in the long run. :/ I am hoping to use different aspects from others and create what works for me. :)
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    No problem, Karia.
    Whatever you do has to be sustainable in the long run. Don't be afraid to experiment and revisit to find what works for you.
    Whatever you do - I wish you all the very best with it.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • sheltony
    sheltony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    First and foremost for me was deciding I wanted health more than anything. I want that feeling of being able to move freely and not hurt all over. At my 57 years of age, it becomes painfully obvious what we can do to hurt our bodies. Don't think of your 19 year old self all the time. Sometimes, think of that older you that will be SO grateful for the care you take of your precious body across time. Wishing you health, wisdom, and much joy! Yvette
  • karia17
    karia17 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    First and foremost for me was deciding I wanted health more than anything. I want that feeling of being able to move freely and not hurt all over. At my 57 years of age, it becomes painfully obvious what we can do to hurt our bodies. Don't think of your 19 year old self all the time. Sometimes, think of that older you that will be SO grateful for the care you take of your precious body across time. Wishing you health, wisdom, and much joy! Yvette

Thank you! and yes I want to keep my body healthy for the long run as well :)
    Great advice!