I've been here before but want to stick around this time

Options
Hi Fitness Pals,

I have used the site before but didn't follow through. I am upset with my size and how I look. I want to change my body shape and get back to the size that I was. My dream would be to lose 2 stone (28 pounds). That would bring me down to 10 stone which is very slim for me.

I have lots of dinners to go to and wonder does anyone have any tips for eating out?

I can be good at exercising and want to get back into it. I'm in the gym and enjoy Spin class and lifting weights.

I want to succeed this time.

Does anyone have tips for sticking to personal goals? I have put a sticker in my wallet saying 'Remember your goal' so I see it whenever I go to buy bad food!

Thanks a million :-)

Replies

• HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm in the same boat, back here again too! This time we can do it!

Tips on eating out...
    - if they have a menu online, look at the nutritional info on their website and pick a meal that suits your needs
    - drink a large glass of water while you wait
    - order an entree salad as a main
    - skip the bread, talk lots instead!
    - balance out the rest of your day beforehand, e.g. by doing extra exercise or eating lots of low cal foods (esp green veges, or roast some tomatos, bell peppers, zucchinis etc and drizzle with a little oil, or eat low fat popcorn or low sodium soup etc)

Best of luck! :D
  • missmagoo
    Options
    Thanks a mill for that. They are great tips!

I especially like the idea of drinking a big glass of water while waiting for the food. I'll avoid the bread basket and try to watch my food during the day. Great ideas!

All the best.
    Natasha
  • DebbiePulford
    Options
    I'm using a cognitive behavioural book called the Beck Diet Workbook.... it's amazing! It works at your pace and with any diet / exercise regime you choose. It's a six week plan to get you from thinking like a fat person to thinking like a thin person. I swear it works. I'm my own worst enemy and I've really struggled to give myself a kick up the butt, but this book is working wonders for me. Google it and have a read of the reviews... I highly recommend it!

Good luck :wink:
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    Hi, welcome back and good luck.

I eat out a fair bit too and I tend to try and avoid the bread and fried stuff but I don't panic too much if I don't once in a while I just work a bit harder at the gym the next time to make up for it. Its a great incentive to have to earn the cals for those little treats, its makes me actually get off my backside and do it! A lot of places do seem to have the nutritional info on their websites now which is a great help.

I think the best thing is to focus on small goals like 7lbs because it makes you feel god when you hit them and feeling good makes you more likely to stick at it!
  • missmagoo
    Options
    Thanks for that suggestion Debbie. I just ordered two of her books!! They look very interesting. Can't wait to get started on them.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, make a difference! Have a good day.