Fruit Cup Calories

Options
Does anyone know if the calorie count on the back of a dole fruit cup container includes calories for the juice that the fruit is sitting in? I mean theoretically, I would imagine it contains the calorie count for everything in the cup including the juice, but I haven't been able to confirm.

Thanks in Advance.

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I mean theoretically, I would imagine it contains the calorie count for everything in the cup including the juice

Agreed.
  • fcasilio
    fcasilio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OK, can't find anything to confirm online. On hold for Dole foods now :)
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    While not able to confirm definitively based on the nutrition label I would say yes it includes the juice... since it says in juice:

"There are 80 calories in a 1 container serving of Dole Mixed Fruit Cup in 100% Fruit Juice.
    Calorie breakdown: 0% fat, 100% carbs, 0% protein."

Just a guess on my part though... good question :smile:
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I think it's 120. For that much, it's better to eat a whole piece of fruit.
  • fcasilio
    fcasilio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just called Dole. The dole cup I have is 80 calories. The calorie count does include the juice and their guidance was to reduce the totals by a 1/3 if you don't consume the juice, which takes it down to around 50 calories.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    my roomate eats though- I can't stomach them any more...

but I have the same questions about tuna- it always says 2 oz drained is approximately 1 serving (I always just eat the whole damn can anyway- seriously who eats half a can) but I never drain it- I like it that way. Always makes me wonder.

LOL I'd be interested to see what Dole themselves say!!!