Any ideas on how to curb eating from 5 till bedtime?

Options

Replies

• gupton11
    Options
    Drink water
  • WhiskeyBravo
    Options
    I spread my meals around, eat one or two cups of broccoli, or sugar free jello with 1 tbs of cool whip--- I typically go to bed around 11pm so trying to have my last meal at 5 is a bit too early for me....
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    drink warm water it makes you feel full or brush your teeth and gargle. nothing tastes good after that.

the general rule is 2 hours before bed you quit eating.

also, consider sprite zero or something like that, no cals but sweet, if you just gotta taste something.

stay away from sugar and salt near bedtime!
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    What I like to do is spread my meals/snacks throughout the day... check my food diary for examples...

Try to have a protein or high fiber meal for dinner, and a light snack before bed.

Make SURE you are getting ALL of your water in. You might be hungry if you don't.

HTH... GL.
  • ropicrdo
    Options
    I am having the same problem, eating too much food after dark.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Depending on what time you go to bed, it might be a good idea to add a snack in between. Some veggies would be good, such as carrots, broccoli, a salad, celery, etc. I'd make sure you don't have too much fruit (sugar) or heavy food, but having a low cal veggie snack might help you make it between dinner and bedtime.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    sugar free popsicles.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is when you eat but how much. If you are under calories eat away! I would just plan more calories fo the evening and work out more during the day.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I've always preferred having a snack between dinner and bed. I usually make sure and leave 100-300 calories for it. It's never slowed my weight loss - I've read in various places that it's a myth that you shouldn't eat too late. The key is to not eat too much! I try to have healthy snacks. Usually I work out at 7 or 8, so after my workout I have a homemade smoothie or scrambled egg whites or something like that.

If you have trouble only eating a little, then make sure you weight/measure out a specific amount, (Don't eat out of a large bag/container/etc.) and after that, find something to do - read a book, watch tv, go for a walk, knit... the list is endless!