Sick and shaking?

Options
OK, so most of you will probably laugh at me... But here goes!

So I have kidney problems, I am on medication for and been advised I can still go to the gym, but not to do certain things which is fine with me, I avoid what they tell me to do!

Just been this evening to do circuit training and this is now the second time I have left feeling really sick, and been sick, also feeling really shaky!?????

I have never had this before and I have been going to the gym since Jan...

Anyone?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd cut back a bit until you have a chance to disuss this with your doctor.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    discuss it with your doctor. The usual cause of feeling sick and shaky after exercise would be not eating enough, and is often remedied by having a snack or meal about 1-2 hrs before (nothing to heavy but include carbs) and a snack or meal afterwards (include both protein and carbs). However if you have medical issues, that may complicate things a lot, hence why you should get your doctor's opinion on this.
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I will bare the food in mind actually! I do generally eat at about 4.30pm then go to the gym at 7pm, but I might try and eat a little later, or maybe eat little and often on my gym days.

I really could not stomach food right now! I just really hope it is nothing to do with my Kidneys, I love going to the gym! Stupid kidneys, ruin everything!
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    what exercises were on your circuit class, are was it your first time doing said exercises ?

was there a lot of quick get ups etc?

when did you eat last? before working out?

are you in calorie defecit? are you eating back your cals? are you avoiding carbs?
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    what exercises were on your circuit class, are was it your first time doing said exercises ?

was there a lot of quick get ups etc?

when did you eat last? before working out?

are you in calorie defecit? are you eating back your cals? are you avoiding carbs?

Box step ups, push ups, barbell squats, military lifts, sits up on the incline bench, something with the kettle bell (don't know if it has a name LOL) It is not the first time I have done the exercises. We did 45 secs each station, 4 sets, but I managed only 3 before feeling really sick!

I ate at 4.30pm, went to the gym for 7pm, Had sweet chilli noodles, I try to average out my calories, some days I will get close to 1600 other days just about 1200, I always make sure I never go below 1200.

I love Carbs too much to avoid them.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    A lot of people get sick and shaky when their blood sugar drops. Check it out with your doctor, but I'd suggest eating a bit more and being a bit more gentle with the exercise til you're more used to it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Call your doctor's office and speak to the nurse (or the doctor if yours is wonderful like mine and would return a call from you.) Tell her/him what happened and ask for a work-in appointment to discuss it with your doctor. Kidney disease is nothing to mess with, as you know. It could be totally benign, but it could be serious. It's worth a copay to find out...or it would be to me.