Great Deal on HRM

Options
So I picked up this heart rate monitor about a month ago from this same site and I absolutely love it. If you've been contemplating getting one, I would say this is the place to start. If you haven't thought about getting one, don't bother thinking and snag this great deal!

Feel free to message me with any questions, but don't hesitate cause the deal only lasts for another 22 hours. Will be some of the best $20 you've ever spent!

http://home.dailysteals.com/

Replies

• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting for some sort of good deal website to get something like this.

I just want to make sure it really is going to work though and not be a waste of my money.
  • lorifrost1
    lorifrost1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I'm a beginner so this should be a good deal for me... worth a shot, anyway. :)
  • lethwin
    lethwin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bought a timex hrm a few weeks ago and am disappointed with it. I found the calories burned to be highly inaccurate. If your buying an hrm just to track your percentage of max hr to do zone training, then the cheaper hrm's are fine. If you want one for accurate calorie burn, then do some research first (unlike what I did ;( ). You want an HRM that lets you input at a minimum your MaxHR and V02max. If you cannot enter these yourself then its using a default that may be very different than yours and will not portray accurate calories burned.
  • stu_35
    stu_35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to the reviews on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-Active-Trainer-Heart-Monitor/product-reviews/B002JIHB4Y/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending).

They can be summed up this way -
    1. If you are looking for a good price on a good HRM go with this one
    2. If you want the best and aren't price sensitive, go with a Polar
    3. Chest straps suck and you shouldn't use them (I completely disagree with this one)

As far as inputting information here is a quick summary from one of the reviews:
    Using the information you have entered in the USER mode, the Schwinn watch/monitor (HRM), with strap in place, keeps track of whether you have increased the vigor of your exercise to the aerobic level, 60% to 80% (or a percentage you can set). The HRM keeps track of the time you spend "in the zone" -- at or above the aerobic level of exercise. The record is available in the MEMORY function.