How would I count this?

Options
I just started today volunteering for 4 hours a day, 3 days a week at a restaurant here in town that serves food for free to the homeless or anyone that is hungry. Not a soup kitchen...a regular restaurant. So today I spent 4 hours of doing things like unloading boxes of canned goods from a truck and stocking the shelves, carrying racks of dirty dishes, busing tables, washing dishes, etc.

Or do I just not count it?

Replies

• lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Sounds to me as it should be included in your lifestyle setting, I would go back and look at your settings update diet profile i.e sedentary, lightly active, active etc
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter unless you eat back your exercise calories, and it dosen't appear that you do.
  • reedandmalloy
    Options
    I don't eat them back...but I like keeping track of what I'm doing. Also, I know they are there for if I want/need them. So I want to make sure it's the correct amount showing.

I was thinking about changing my stats to more activity but since it's only 3 days out of 7 I wasn't sure.

Thanks for the input though. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There is an entry for Moving - carrying boxes (or something like that). I'd log that. You could put something in the comments section to say what you really did, if you wanted.
  • reedandmalloy
    Options
    Thanks...that's how I'll log it.

Once I get some of my weight off and get my knees in better condition I want to up it to 5 days a week, but physically I can't right now.

Thanks again!