Half Marathon!

Options
13 days till my first Half Marathon!!! Eeekkk!

Replies

• sm_usagi
    sm_usagi Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I am just contemplating signing up for one and starting to train. How long did it take you to prepare? Did you follow a plan? I hope it goes well!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    We need a like button, good luck!
  • ChrisRiches
    ChrisRiches Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and remember: Trust in your training. :)
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Good luck OP!!!
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Good luck!!! I am just contemplating signing up for one and starting to train. How long did it take you to prepare? Did you follow a plan? I hope it goes well!
    I started with 10k races and waited till my time was sub 60 then signed up. I run a few times a week and have just gradually built my milage up. Im not going for a fab time for my first half. All about going the distance without stopping and then once i have a PB I can train harder next year to beat it :)
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is actually a goal of mine. Good luck!
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I have completed 2, I had to walk once the first race!! I made sure I ran the whole time in my most recent half!
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I started with 10k races and waited till my time was sub 60 then signed up. I run a few times a week and have just gradually built my milage up. Im not going for a fab time for my first half. All about going the distance without stopping and then once i have a PB I can train harder next year to beat it :)

The beauty of the first one is, that whatever time you do, it will be a PB!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Good luck; just go out and have fun!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    You're going to have an amazing time and wonder when you can do the next one. This will be awesome. Best of luck.
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Did it in 2:34:53. Just so glad i managed to do it without having to stop and walk :)
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Have fun! I love 1/2 marathon races - the training not so much. I have my 8th 1/2 next month (3rd this year).
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Did it in 2:34:53. Just so glad i managed to do it without having to stop and walk :)
    well done!
    i've only done a practice run in that distance - not sure if i want to run races yet... but i am looking at a 30k run clinic to do over the winter....
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Have fun! I love 1/2 marathon races - the training not so much. I have my 8th 1/2 next month (3rd this year).

what a fab achievement :) Well done u
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    well done!
    i've only done a practice run in that distance - not sure if i want to run races yet... but i am looking at a 30k run clinic to do over the winter....
    i didnt think of it as a race. i just really enjoyed it and did it for charity so that kept me going :) good luck with ur 30k :)
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Edit read the thread first!!

Well done!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have my first half in 5 weeks! Getting excited.:happy:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    That's really good. Great job!