Losing Weight in Rome

Options
I am married to an Italian and live in Rome. I have to say that losing weight in Italy has been super difficult. All of the food is very carb heavy. I feel like I've been stuck in the 140's since forever. I just weighed myself and realized I lost another pound. Just a couple more pounds to go before I'm out of the 140's. What a nightmare.

Replies

• sarahnc_
    sarahnc_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm living in France right now, and was living in Spain last year- I feel ya' on the carb heavy- Spain was a pasta/bread/rice nightmare. And France is all cheese and full fat milks and creams.

Do you guys have Carrefour as a supermarket there? It often has a "bio" section- the closest thing you can get to a whole foods. I've started replacing breads/rices/pastas with quinoa, which I can still find over here (check in the bio sections of supermarkets, or under foreign food- often gets classified as such)

Take advantage of how cheap fresh produce is there too- I've heard spain is much like Italy in that fresh fruits and veggies are SUPER cheap. Stock up!

Losing weight abroad can be a nightmare- but it is possible!
  • wynn217
    wynn217 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am going to Italy for 10 days in November. I have lost nearly 60 pounds since last Oct. I have decided not to worry about logging/counting while I'm there. I surely expect to gain quite a few pounds back, because I want to enjoy all the wonderful food Italy has to offer.

Do you have any suggestions about good, authentic, non-touristy trap restaurants?

Thanks,

BTW I'd love to ask you some basic questions about Rome, if you'd be willing. Please let me know!:bigsmile: