Needing to get back on trek!!

annmarie38
annmarie38 Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi everyone! just in need of some support! iv lost about 130 pounds in the past two years its been very hard but iv managed to find the strength to keep going!! but now i dont know whats going on with me i feel like im slipping back into old behaviors smh eating sweets,carbs and just no so good foods! where did my discipline go? as of this morning i weighed myself and im up like 5 pounds!! not good! i need to get it together asap before im 300lbs again!! i weigh 170 i need to lose another 20! has anyone else felt like this? really need some advice! thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I'd suggest doing a serious refocus. Look back at old pictures from when your were at your heaviest to remind yourself how far you've come. This helps me a lot because there is no way I want to go back there. PLUS you know you've put in all that hard work so why let all that time and effort go to waste?

Sit down and plan your foods for the week then go to the grocery store to get all needed supplies. With a solid plan in place, all those temptations fall by the wayside. I try to do this every week and find on the weeks when I make an excuse for "not enough time" that I always regret it.

Look up motivational quotes online. Reading a bunch of those can help give you a little boost.

Try new foods and exercises. Maybe you're just bored of your usual routine and need to shake things up a bit.

Set some good eating and fitness goal. For instance, a friend of mine leads a health group and is setting challengers for her members every week. Week 1 was drink a gallon of water per day. Week 2 was drink half your body weight in ounces per day and get 6-8 hours of sleep. Week 3 built on that further with 5 fruits and veg per day, plus the water and sleep. Those are all food/health related so add on to that a goal to exercise at least 30 minutes per day for 3-5 days per week. If you run or have ever thought about it, sign up for a local 5k race and train for it using the Couch to 5k program.

Best of luck!
  • annmarie38
    annmarie38 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you!! I had an awesome day today!! I feel like im back focused!! I can do this!!
  • Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Gotta say - that's an amazing transformation in your profile pics. Amazing.

Reading your post really makes me realize how easy my goal is to reach, you really powered through some tough stuff. It couldn't have been easy. So - cut yourself some slack, and get to the finish. Then show us how you won.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    you were on star trek?
This discussion has been closed.