gluten free and 27lbs lost! (pics)

Options
EDIT: photos are only posting half of the collage! link to album here until I can fix it http://imgur.com/a/BcFD8

Hey guys! I've never posted progress photos so I'm kind of nervous.

I'm 21 and a college student, wish I was almost done with school but I'm just restarting after taking a two year break. I have always struggled with my weight and digestive stuff. Since I was very little, I had constant stomach pain/ problems with no solution. Physicians claimed many things, mainly ulcers or that I was lying to get out of school. At one point my pain after eating was so bad that I realized I needed to figure out what was wrong. I did some research of my own and discovered I was gluten free. I went to my current doctor and he diagnosed me immediately! I had been walking around eating tons of wheat as an undiagnosed gluten intolerant person!

That was April of 2010. I have been compeltley gluten free for about a year now, minus the slip ups that can happen... cross contamination, someone accidentally serving me bread on my gluten free plate, companies changing recipes etc. Beyond that I do some mild exercise and watch my calories.

Being gluten free has changed my entire life, affecting much more than my weightloss. If anyone has questions about GF, contact me and I'll do my best to help you. It can be quite intimidating but it's so worth it.

Height: 5'11
High weight: 185
Starting weight: 180ish
Low weight: 156
Goal weight: between 130 and 140

I unfortunately never took classic B&A photos but I did the best I could. I was also really great and dressing my shape to appear lighter! (It's funny how much my body shape changed after going GF. I have no idea how to dress my body and can't even wear most cuts of clothing I was wearing before!)

Replies

• Twylashea
    Twylashea Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic. I'd love to hear some of your recipes and go to's for keeping on track.
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You look great! I keep forgetting you are 5'11 because 150 ish pounds on me wouldn't look that good lol. Congrats!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Really GREAT!! You look sooooooo GOOD!! Congrats!!
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Stunning transformation, looks more than 27lbs!!

Congratulations on self diagnosis of gluten intolerence.

Well done x
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Going gluten free has really made a huge difference in your appearance, especially your face! Congrats!
  • ceceliaf
    Options
    Wow fantastic. I'd love to hear some of your recipes and go to's for keeping on track.

Initially, it was quite hard because I was so used to the food I had been eating my whole life but the longer you go, the more you enjoy the gluten free food which makes it easier.

I like to start my mornings with scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese but I usually end up with toast or yogurt when I'm running out the door! In between classes a snack before lunch is either a banana with peanut butter or cucumber with olive oil and some garlic salt. For lunch lunch is rice or maybe a cup of whatever soup I made that week and then I have another snack.. maybe sunflower seeds or some carrots. Then for dinner I generally do either a baked potato with veggies and cottage cheese and wax beans or a taco! I also generally treat myself if I've been particularly good with some glutino chocolate and cream cookies.

I also really love grilled chicken/ porkchops as food options but I am living in an efficiency apartment with a mini fridge and no oven so I usually only eat those type of foods when dining out or visiting someone. I don't eat enough protein and that's something I need to fix.

I hope that helped a little. I'm not too adventurous with my meals because I still find new stuff to eat every day!

When I do get glutened, I drink lots of water and try to take a nap.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    great job
  • ceceliaf
    Options
    You look great! I keep forgetting you are 5'11 because 150 ish pounds on me wouldn't look that good lol. Congrats!

Thank you so much! And I also need to remind myself that I'm the shape I am when I go through others people's success... That was something hard for me to grasp when I was young. How could my friends weigh barely 100lbs when I'm at 130? Then realizing I was atleast 6-10 inches taller than them all! haha.
  • ceceliaf
    Options
    wow thank you all so much!
  • ceceliaf
    Options
    You look amazing! Going gluten free has really made a huge difference in your appearance, especially your face! Congrats!

Isn't it insane? I look like two different people. That's my first tell if I think I may have been glutened!

Thank you so much!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options

Initially, it was quite hard because I was so used to the food I had been eating my whole life but the longer you go, the more you enjoy the gluten free food which makes it easier.

I like to start my mornings with scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese but I usually end up with toast or yogurt when I'm running out the door! In between classes a snack before lunch is either a banana with peanut butter or cucumber with olive oil and some garlic salt. For lunch lunch is rice or maybe a cup of whatever soup I made that week and then I have another snack.. maybe sunflower seeds or some carrots. Then for dinner I generally do either a baked potato with veggies and cottage cheese and wax beans or a taco! I also generally treat myself if I've been particularly good with some glutino chocolate and cream cookies.

I also really love grilled chicken/ porkchops as food options but I am living in an efficiency apartment with a mini fridge and no oven so I usually only eat those type of foods when dining out or visiting someone. I don't eat enough protein and that's something I need to fix.

I hope that helped a little. I'm not too adventurous with my meals because I still find new stuff to eat every day!

When I do get glutened, I drink lots of water and try to take a nap.

I'd suggest a george foreman/electric grill of some king. They are small and sit on your counter. I've made everything from burgers to pork chops to chicken and steak on mine!
  • ceceliaf
    Options
    Stunning transformation, looks more than 27lbs!!

Congratulations on self diagnosis of gluten intolerence.

Well done x

Thank you! I appreciate that you say that because to me, I feel like I look the same. I only realize how different I am when I can no longer wear my old clothing. It was fun looking at these photos!
  • ceceliaf
    Options

I'd suggest a george foreman/electric grill of some king. They are small and sit on your counter. I've made everything from burgers to pork chops to chicken and steak on mine!

Wow that's such a good idea! Why didn't I think of that! Thank you so much.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!