Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    thank you. I just can't wait!!!!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I really like my Fitbit One, but I also think it underestimates calorie burn. And according to it, I don't sleep well at all. As far as steps, I think it is very accurate, but I don't always get an accurate account for stairs. I can go up mine at home & sometimes I get credit and sometimes I don't.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex since July 4th, VERY motivational & it works with my Samsung Galaxy 3S. Also have an Omron HJ-113 as I do enjoy actually seeing the steps (& aerobic steps/calories/fat/distance) walked. Heard good things about the Moves app but I haven't tried on on my phone (friend uses iphone).

I like the Flex as its on me 24/7 and waterproof. They've also got great support I might add.

For my walks I use RunKeeper app (Endomondo is nice but they charge for what RunKeeper offers for free) and I just won an Elite membership from walking using the everymove.org website.

Whatever you end up with, am sure you will find it to be motivational.
  • Itsmyers
    Itsmyers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is a company that makes a line of activity trackers. I have experience with this Fitbit zip which is very much like a pedometer that you put on your belt or on your clothing. There's an android app that you can use the sync and pull the data from the zip onto your phone. It doesn't decent job of keeping track of the number of steps that you take while walking jogging or on various cardio equipment in the gym. I'm going to them and in both cases I forgot to take it off my workout clothes and washed them. I'm now going to activity tracker that you put around your wrist Fitbit makes one of these as well.:tongue:
  • zwits07
    Options
    Hi! Another Fitbit owner. I love it and I am on my 3rd one: Fitbit ultra, Fitbit One, Fitbit Flex. I LOVE IT and CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT! I love the new Flex because it can get wet. I wear it all the time, in the shower, at the splash park wtih my kids, even at the waterpark. That being said, it's awesome, but a little different than the other models. You don't get an immediate feedback of your calories, steps, things like that like you do with the One. All you have to be is close to you smart phone and it will link if you have the correct Andriod or iPhone. It also doesn't track stairs climbed like the One and Ultra did. Even with these changes, I love the fact that it can get wet and I can basically wear it all the time. Oh yah, the battery on the flex doesn't seem to last as long, so you have to make sure you charge it often. I have a charger at home and at work. It comes with the basic black wristband, but you can get other colors too. Also, the Fitbit itself, out of the wristband, is A LOT smaller and discrete than the One/Ultra so it's nicer to slip into your bra if you are getting dressed up.
  • A1ladya
    Options
    Go here to find out what a fitbit is. I have the flex and love it. http://www.fitbit.com/store?gclid=CKvO7oyh07oCFVSZ4AoddCcAWg
  • A1ladya
    Options
    How does one sync the fitbit with MFP?
  • 1sandiq
    1sandiq Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got the Fitbit zip and had to sync it with MFP. I found this link on the fitbit website: https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/1179771-how-do-i-integrate-fitbit-with-myfitnesspal-
    Once I followed the instructions on the post, it synced with MFP. Good luck!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Could someone explain what a "fitbit" is?
    Also I have an android phone. Are there any accurate pedometers? Do they really work?
    Thanks in advance :)

I have Footsteps pedometer on my Iphone. It seems accurate to me because I use it for running and I am losing weight as I set my goals to lose weight.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    "A fitbit is an accelerometer and an altimeter combined, it measures movement and elevation change not "steps" as such - it isn't a pedometer in that sense."

Only some Fitbit devices have altimeters. They all measure 'steps' by accelerometer, which is how most pedometers work these days. It's not like GPS, it just notices the rocking type motion of steps just like the old school, pendulum style pedometers did. It's totally a pedometer. Though I imagine the company would prefer users call it an activity tracker. But it's really just a souped up pedometer. Which is all anyone really needs, in my experience with various 'activity tracker' devices.