healthy cheap snacks?

Options
What are some healthy cheap snacks that are low in calories that will keep me full longer. Right now i am at like 220 pounds and i would like to be alot less. But i want to cut down my calories and cut down my sugar intake..which is hard for me.

Replies

• arohaaaa2011
    Options
    All fruit and vege is reasonably low calories, i find eggs are low in calories and quite filling, also that chop chop chicken in a can has really low calories and fills the spot! I also have weigh watchers bars as a snack that help, the caramel bars are only about 88 calories, they are quite little but good if you have a sweet craving. Yougart, a few almonds, rick crackers/cakes etc are on the low side too if you keep within reason. Good luck :-)
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Cheese. Bacon.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Fruits
    Raw veggies
    Yogurt
    Unsalted Nuts
    String cheese or Babybel rounds
    Granola (loose and paired with any of the above).

The more fiber or protein in a snack, the longer it will satisfy you. Something that combines protein and fats, like nuts, cheese, or yogurt are especially good. I pair a small serving of those with a fruit or raw veggies to get the most "bang for my buck" per Se. I can eat a little of something filling but feel like I got a "real" snack by eating the fruit or veggie with it.