5'3 girl looking for a uk buddie with similar goals.....

Options
Hi!

I'm 26 and 5'3, and looking for buddies to help with motivation for us all?? I'm 145lb.... Please add me if you're similar!!!!!

Replies

• Simples77
    Simples77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorty too, 5ft, 148lbs. I need to get those 18lbs off to regain my flat belly!
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Little shorter than you and currently 142lbs!

UK based, so feel free to add!
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm age 27, 5ft 2 with around 80lbs to loose! Feel free to add! :)
  • 2lottie88
    Options
    Hi I'm 5"3', 24 and similar weight :-) yay for U.K.!
  • sianquin
    sianquin Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You actually already added me :)

I'm 5ft4
    138lb
    and 27yr old so not far off :)

My goal weight is 126lb so not too far to go, they do say the last bits the hardest.
  • WeeBelle123
    WeeBelle123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for all of your replies! How are you getting on so far with MFP??

What cal allowance are you set at and exercise plans?

I'm going to try to stick with a constant calorie intake, instead of high then low etc, and I also do the T25 workouts, have any of you tried it?

I really hope we can all keep each other motivated!!
  • ashleypashley77
    ashleypashley77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5'4 23 year old, 132lbs.

I'd never heard of T25 until you mentioned it - looks great!
    I'm currently on my second week of Jillian Michaels' DVDs (6 Week 6 Pack and 30 Day Shred). Quite similar to T25 by the looks of it! 30-40 mins of intensity.

I'm actually not counting calories this time, but would estimate around... 1200-1400. Regular meal times, plenty of fresh veg and lean protein and yoghurt etc. I was tracking my calories really carefully with MFP but all that practice makes it second nature, without needing to write it down necessarily.

Currently doing a DVD workout 6 days/wk.

p.s. Don't forget to get enough protein generally, to avoid extra muscle ache after your T25 work! :)
  • wallacehk
    Options
    Hi I'm 5,3 and 25. From NZ not UK but feel free to add me- I'd love a group of people to keep me motivated.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm not 26 (wish I was LOL) I'm 5ft 3, currently 140lbs and still have another 7 to 10lbs to lose - I'll send you an invite if you'll have an over 40 on your list :-D
  • Francesca3434
    Options
    I'm similar-ish, 22, 5'4 cw 152- everyone feel free to add me, i could use some supportive mfp friends :)
  • knarr88
    knarr88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    25 5ft 3 from UK yay! I have a bit more than you to get rid of but up for support! I dont know what exercise to do!
  • TraceyCKing
    Options
    Hi - Ive just sent an add - Over 40 years young but 5'3 starting at 143 - getting into the exercise routing and need motivation - so if you dont mind an elder than feel free to accept my add :)
  • ashleypashley77
    Options
    25 5ft 3 from UK yay! I have a bit more than you to get rid of but up for support! I dont know what exercise to do!

- Hey knarr88 - have you considered the Jillian Michaels DVDs? Probably 30 Day Shred to start with, if you're just getting into fitness or are just average! I find her really motivational. And (with the right nutrition) I've been seeing incredibly quick results!

:)
  • WeeBelle123
    Options
    5'4 23 year old, 132lbs.

I'd never heard of T25 until you mentioned it - looks great!
    I'm currently on my second week of Jillian Michaels' DVDs (6 Week 6 Pack and 30 Day Shred). Quite similar to T25 by the looks of it! 30-40 mins of intensity.

I'm actually not counting calories this time, but would estimate around... 1200-1400. Regular meal times, plenty of fresh veg and lean protein and yoghurt etc. I was tracking my calories really carefully with MFP but all that practice makes it second nature, without needing to write it down necessarily.

Currently doing a DVD workout 6 days/wk.

p.s. Don't forget to get enough protein generally, to avoid extra muscle ache after your T25 work! :)

Hey! I've done those in the past- used to mix up 30DS, ripped in 30, 6 week 6 pack and her no more trouble zones DVDs! You sound really motivated! I'm hoping to not have to count cals for ever, but trying to stick to 1300 a day, regardless of exercise. May need to up it shortly, but just as a kick start!
  • ashleypashley77
    Options
    [/quote]

Hey! I've done those in the past- used to mix up 30DS, ripped in 30, 6 week 6 pack and her no more trouble zones DVDs! You sound really motivated! I'm hoping to not have to count cals for ever, but trying to stick to 1300 a day, regardless of exercise. May need to up it shortly, but just as a kick start!
    [/quote]

No way! That's funny. I suppose when you've been at the fitness for long enough, you're bound to need new workouts, to keep things interesting. How are you finding T25 compared with the Jillian ones you did?
    1300 per day sounds great - you can't help but lose weight! Even with the occasional blip - like I went to a 6 course dinner party and ate WAY more than my 1300 that day... and yet the week's deficit meant that I still lost weight!

Sometimes, life is good :)

And you sound so motivated, too!
  • WeeBelle123
    Options

[/quote]

No way! That's funny. I suppose when you've been at the fitness for long enough, you're bound to need new workouts, to keep things interesting. How are you finding T25 compared with the Jillian ones you did?
    1300 per day sounds great - you can't help but lose weight! Even with the occasional blip - like I went to a 6 course dinner party and ate WAY more than my 1300 that day... and yet the week's deficit meant that I still lost weight!

Sometimes, life is good :)

And you sound so motivated, too!
    [/quote]

Yay! T25 has more variety I think- I got a bit bored of the repetitiveness of the JM ones- with t25 there's 5 different work outs a week, and there's 2 phases, so 5 weeks of one batch of 5 workouts (called the alpha phase) then 5 weeks of another set of 5 workouts (beta phase). Then there's a gamma phase after that!

Are you doing other exercise on top of the DVDs? I tried that but found I could only go so long, then binged for like a week!

Keep strong!
  • ashleypashley77
    Options

Yay! T25 has more variety I think- I got a bit bored of the repetitiveness of the JM ones- with t25 there's 5 different work outs a week, and there's 2 phases, so 5 weeks of one batch of 5 workouts (called the alpha phase) then 5 weeks of another set of 5 workouts (beta phase). Then there's a gamma phase after that!

Are you doing other exercise on top of the DVDs? I tried that but found I could only go so long, then binged for like a week!

Keep strong!

OOOOH - it sounds fantastic! As soon as I get through Killian's 6 weeks (a few weeks left!) then I will take a serious look at shelling out for T25.

How are you finding the nutrition side of the T25 programme? Is it too many shakes?

Not a great deal of exercise on top of the DVDs, but reasonably active in the day. We'll see if I need to up the exercise after tomorrow morning's weigh in... :)