Help motivate me!

Options
Hi there.

I'm trying to lose around 20kg, so however many pounds. I thought I had lost 5kg.
I bought some scales as I didn't have any of my own and now they are telling me that really I am 8kg heavier than I thought I was. Though through measuring I know i've lost an inch or two in the past week.
This has completely thrown me I'm really stuck on what to do. I know this means I just need to work a bit harder to get to where I thought I was but I hate the idea of now having to put a heavier weight when I weigh in.

I'm probably just being really stupid but I just would like some motivation about how this is just one hiccup etc

Thanks!
Shanna (:

Replies

• vanessa574
    vanessa574 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I was using my mates scales and they crapped out, so she brought some new ones and HELLOOOO - now im 4 kgs heavier. really put a downer on everything. but I decided to not let it get to me too much and just re-adjusted my goals and I KNOW that I have lost on my measurements (5cm on waist and hips and 6cm on bust) keep up the good work chicky babe!!!
  • ShanixLove
    ShanixLove Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thankyou Ness!
    Have made me feel a little bit better. And I know im doing well no matter what (:
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 lbs heavier in my scales compared to my friends ones - I know that doesn't sound a lot but believe me it is when I'm trying to lose it !! I have to say I've been more impressed with the inches that I've lost since on mfp . I've only lost 8 kgs since August but have dropped 2 almost three dress sizes so I'm more than happy with that I'm only using the scale as a guide to make sure I'm still losing .
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Don't get jacked up over the scale.. Its not all about that stupid number.

You need to get in touch with yourself.. After a couple days of making wise choices when eating and consistent exercise how do you feel ?
    How do your clothes fit? Your measurements are smaller so......

I can't help motivate you .. only YOU can motivate you.. Sure I can come on down to your place with a loud speaker and some motivation music and make you get off your *kitten* and work out but at the end of the day its your own will and determination that gets you off of your comfy spot.

So how bad do you want it ?

If you want it bad then you need to change your Mind before your body is going to follow. You need to realize that getting uncomfortable is where the change is made..

You said you are being stupid .. well really you are... Sorry but true .. Let me break it down for you.....

Your dilemma in the most infantile state. You're face with two choices..

It seems like a dumb contraption(also known as a Scale ) says I am heavier Should I keep eating better and working out and bettering my self ?

Or

Seems my scale says I am heavier but my measurements are smaller. This is Frustrating I should just quit right ?

Which one do you think is better?

Now go forth and be great!!