Need opinion on walking v.s. playing disc golf

Options
At 50 years old I use walking as my main weight loss tool. I've taken up disc golf, but since there is no disc golf listed in the exercises, I need to use something as close as possible to it. Disc golf consists of walking around, carrying a bag of discs, around 12 discs. (Sport frisbees). We play 18 holes. Typical games take anywhere from 1-2 hours and you're on your feet, walking the entire time except when you're throwing your disc. Terrain is usually a mixture of dirt and grass. Elevation changes is typical, sometimes walking up/down small to medium sized hills. You're constantly walking over/around rocks, sticks, tall grass, etc, etc. So it's not just a smooth walk on concrete, etc.

I've been entering the time spent playing disc golf as walking slowly at 2.0 speed. The problem is, I can walk an hour at 2.0 and not really get sweaty. but playing disc golf for an hour I always work up a good sweat. So, do you think I should stick to entering it at 2.0 walking or perhaps go up to 2.5 or 3.0 walking? Thanks for your thoughts.

Replies

• soyum
    soyum Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just a final bump in hopes of getting someone who might be able to confirm my thoughts on this. Thanks!
  • MN_JD
    MN_JD Posts: 3
    Options
    Just was this as I am brand new here. I would bump that up to 3. I have played disc golf for a long time and I know the toll it can take on you.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    They're low calorie burns either way. Log them to your preference, and just don't eat back the calories.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Log it under mini golf. Almost exactly the same calorie burn per hour as walking though.