Need a buddy to help me keep accountable!

Options
I am 5'5" 28 years old. Currently, on a good day I am 136, on a bad day I am 141. My inital goal is to get back to 130 and assess from there. In the past few years, my most comfortable weight has been 125.

I keep doing a great job for 2 weeks, 3 weeks max, losing ~5lbs. Then for some reason I go back to old bad habits and even severely over eating for another 2-3 weeks. Then feel like crap and start over because I've gained everything and then some back. I've been in this ridiculous cycle for the past year.

I am hoping to find a buddy I can check in with to help hold myself accountable. I know I should be able to hold myself accountable, but it is something I have obviously really been having a hard time with.

Replies

• slickmadge
    Options
    I can join with you! I have two teenage girls, so I really don't talk about weight loss or dieting at home. That makes it pretty easy for me to cheat. I have 4 kids and over the years went from a comfortable 140 up to 160. Now my metabolism is slowing down and it is incredibly hard to lose weight. I do the same thing you do - good for 2-3 weeks, then can't keep going. I just started back up today, so I have enthusiasm for now!
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm good at giving my opinion :happy:
  • clau_nectarina
    clau_nectarina Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am 5'4", 32 years old, and I definitely struggle with holding myself accountable. My best weight 3 years ago was 125 pounds. I became very sedentary due to lifestyle changes and a knee injury, and now I'm up to about 155lbs. I would like to go back to 125. I'm getting better from my injury but I still cannot exercise as much as I'd like to, so my main focus right now will be the food.
    Let's root for one another!
  • NickieCR1
    Options
    Add me ladies if you like...I have bad days but I never eat enough that I put my weight back on...I have only been losing weight since M:drinker: :drinker: ay and still going I have to drop a huge amount...if you need advice or tips then I am more than happy to help.
  • ashleypashley77
    ashleypashley77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I am in exactly the same position - I am saintly for a few weeks (125lbs) and then terrible for a short period (back to 143lbs), then saintly again... etc etc.

23 years old, 5'4. I had a knee injury a couple months ago, so only just getting back into fitness, rather than just diet.

I do really need a buddy, as none of my friends/family need/want to lose weight and get fitter.
    I've just started Jillian Michaels' DVDs and am getting amazing results - down to 132lbs today!

Good luck to everyone else :)
  • ReeDunbar
    ReeDunbar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I love to help motivate others. And there are definitely days where I need the encouragement as well.
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like to give motivation. Let's be friends! :D
  • hollylouisac
    hollylouisac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and the same weights as you, I range from 137-142 at the moment and just want to get down to 135!!
  • wutaday1
    wutaday1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am so in the same boat as all of you with the good for a few weeks then ugh back to my old ways again. I am 35 yrs old, 5'5" and 160lbs. Would love to get back to 135lbs, but would be happy again and comfortable with myself at 145lbs. Would love more people to hold me accountable and keep me motivated!
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Glad I am not the only one struggling :)

My biggest issues are the weekends - I always have fun events planned, that 99% of the time involve food and/or alcohol. This weekend for example I am doing a cupcake (pumpkin with rum buttercream frosting!) baking class, followed by dinner out tonight, then tomorrow going to a Hard cider festival.

I LOVE to have fun and experience all these different types of things, but it can really set my weight loss efforts back if I go over board.

Here's to enjoying myself but not over doing it! Happy Friday!