Getting hungry quicker....

Options
JDMPWR
JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
so my diet is going well but I noticed this week that I am getting hungry earlier then usual. I normally have a 650 calorie protein/carb shake at 7:30-8:15am. Within 2-2:30 hrs my stomach is growling. Before I would eat at 8 and need to eat again at 11:30. Today I ate at 8:20 and was starving by 10:30....over the last few days I took out a 1/4 cup of oats from my morning shake, I would be in shock that it could be that. I'm wondering if my metabolism is speeding up....

Any ideas?

Replies

• rtrautmann
    Options
    your body might be getting too used to the food your eating. If you can, switch up your diet.
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    Put the oats back, the fiber was keeping you full. When I have oatmeal mixed with a banana I am not hungry for 4 hours. When I have an egg beaters omelet with sauteed mushrooms and onion topped with salsa I am starving 2 hours later. Same amount of calories.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    the same thing happened to me when I first started... the hubby told me it was my metabloism speeding up. woot woot! ;-)
  • arinwinter
    Options
    Also, make sure you're drinking water in the morning, it'll help to keep you full longer too.
  • strivingforbeautyy
    Options
    It could be your metabolism. Try having more spices in your foods - they make you full faster so hopefully you'd be less hungry! Also try eating more fiber.