1 yr. anniversary - 90 lbs lost

Options
Just celebrated my 1 year MFP anniversary and it's been quite the ride. I learned so much from the forums about nutrition and workout routines, it has really changed the way I eat and exercise.

I did the 1,200 calorie a day diet (calculated by MFP but I certainly looked at all my options). I eat back roughly 50%-70% of my workout calories that are calculated by my HRM.

I am 5'4" and started at 236 pounds. For the first 40 pounds of weight loss, I only used the elliptical trainer as exercise (about 3 times a week). Once I hit 200 pounds, I started Couch-to-5K. It took me 12 weeks but I finished the program by running a 5K in March.

In April I participated in a 200 mile relay race and ran 3 of the 36 legs (30 hour non-stop race, what a great experience).

When I hit 180 pounds, I added weight lifting to my routine and alternated between weights and cardio. At this point I am working out 6 days a week for roughly one hour each day.

Ran my first Half Marathon in June, spontaneous decision 48 hours before the race so I wouldn't freak myself out.

Eventually I changed up my workout to alternate between weights mixed with cardio during the same workout (think similar to crossfit). This is what I have been doing for the last few months.

There are days where I do not feel like going to the gym and I prefer to just go running outside and there are days where I don't have time to work out at all - That's ok! Some days I eat more that I should - That's ok!

I didn't cut any foods from my diet, I still eat pasta, bread, pizza, fries, ice cream.... just in more moderate portions.

I only have 10 more pounds to go until I hit my goal weight and I am fortunate to have a supportive husband who ended up jumping on the MFP wagon with me.

New Fitness Goals for 2014: Run a Marathon, Train for a Triathlon and then do one :), Another 200 mile relay race as an ultra team (meaning I would run 6 legs)
In 2015: Ironman

Now for some pictures:

Full Body Comparison
49b29a3f-e857-425f-9d76-a2079f89dd5f_zpscc5026b4.jpg

Face Comparison
3fabb852-dedf-415c-ab1e-a6effb21706f_zps82246590.jpg

Me and the Hubby Before and After
Slide1_zps58a3405e.jpg

Thank you to all my MFP buddies who have been so supportive!

Replies

• dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I need to restart and this is definitely inspirational!!!
  • mbrou28
    mbrou28 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've achieved so much in such a short time!!
  • nikky31
    nikky31 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great job! you look awesome! Good luck on your races :)
  • destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • shonnaatch
    shonnaatch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! I'm sure you are super proud of yourself...as you should be. I love that you started slow and really built some momentum to bring you to where you are now. Congratulations on your success! And wishing you continued success as you conquer those last 10 pounds!
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You're fantastic!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!! Amazing transformations!!
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Fanfreakintastic!! You look GREAT girl - well done.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, such an inspiration, thanks for posting!!! I will keep going!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! You look great! :smile:
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    Awesome job! I hope I can be just like you.
  • bren998
    bren998 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!:smile:
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Love your story and all your goals! Its fantastic that you started this journey and have converted your husband to MFP keep you motivated as well!
  • cbbn11
    cbbn11 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing. One day I hope would like to try a half marathon.
  • denisemc1407
    denisemc1407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Very inspirational. Thanks for posting.
  • lessofme43
    lessofme43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    congratulations! My husband started MFP a few months before I did, and together we've lost 50+ lbs this year! It is great to do something as important for our future as becoming a healthy weight TOGETHER! Blessings to you both :)
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic results look super!
  • hellohappycarla
    hellohappycarla Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! You definitely gave me the boost that I needed. Slow clapping from here. =)
  • eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You both look great! Awesome and inspirational!!!
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Congrats to you both!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!