1 yr. anniversary - 90 lbs lost

Options

Replies

• faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congrats Gorgeous!!! You are an inspiration indeed!
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    Incredible. Great story. Proof that it is calories in vs calories out. You look amazing and I'm sure you feel even better. WTG!
  • TBates14
    TBates14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So awesome, such an inspiration!!!
  • punkinkat
    punkinkat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow... You look amazing - but more importantly - you look healthy and happy!

I'm totally kicking myself now, because I'd be in a similarly healthy, happy boat if I had stuck with the program back when I started MFP (about a year ago) instead of wimping out somewhere around the holidays. All is not lost, however, as I've been back with the program for nearly a month, and your story is just the sort of inspiration I need to make sure I follow through this time.

Congratulations on your tremendous loss... you look completely transformed :)
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! What a beautiful smile you have, both before and after. Congrats!
  • Sobeone
    Options
    You look Marvelous, Congrats you are awesome. The Jogging really does the job. I did what you did when I was 27 and I couldn't believe how much weight jogging takes off. Did 3 miles x 3 week. keep up the great Job :)
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Wtg! BUMP
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You two look amazing.
    Great success story
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You are truely an inspiration!!!!! WOW Just awesome!!! Like you my sons have both joined me on my journey. You and your hubby are just fantastic. Keep going you will succeed at everything!!!! :drinker:
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just celebrated my 1 year MFP anniversary and it's been quite the ride. I learned so much from the forums about nutrition and workout routines, it has really changed the way I eat and exercise.

I did the 1,200 calorie a day diet (calculated by MFP but I certainly looked at all my options). I eat back roughly 50%-70% of my workout calories that are calculated by my HRM.

I am 5'4" and started at 236 pounds. For the first 40 pounds of weight loss, I only used the elliptical trainer as exercise (about 3 times a week). Once I hit 200 pounds, I started Couch-to-5K. It took me 12 weeks but I finished the program by running a 5K in March.

In April I participated in a 200 mile relay race and ran 3 of the 36 legs (30 hour non-stop race, what a great experience).

When I hit 180 pounds, I added weight lifting to my routine and alternated between weights and cardio. At this point I am working out 6 days a week for roughly one hour each day.

Ran my first Half Marathon in June, spontaneous decision 48 hours before the race so I wouldn't freak myself out.

Eventually I changed up my workout to alternate between weights mixed with cardio during the same workout (think similar to crossfit). This is what I have been doing for the last few months.

There are days where I do not feel like going to the gym and I prefer to just go running outside and there are days where I don't have time to work out at all - That's ok! Some days I eat more that I should - That's ok!

I didn't cut any foods from my diet, I still eat pasta, bread, pizza, fries, ice cream.... just in more moderate portions.

I only have 10 more pounds to go until I hit my goal weight and I am fortunate to have a supportive husband who ended up jumping on the MFP wagon with me.

New Fitness Goals for 2014: Run a Marathon, Train for a Triathlon and then do one :), Another 200 mile relay race as an ultra team (meaning I would run 6 legs)
    In 2015: Ironman

Now for some pictures:

Full Body Comparison
    49b29a3f-e857-425f-9d76-a2079f89dd5f_zpscc5026b4.jpg

Face Comparison
    3fabb852-dedf-415c-ab1e-a6effb21706f_zps82246590.jpg

Me and the Hubby Before and After
    Slide1_zps58a3405e.jpg

Thank you to all my MFP buddies who have been so supportive!

HOLY SMOKES that's AMAZING!!!!!!! You and your hubs look so awesome!
  • Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    WOW....good for you...you look lovely....
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • RunsSober
    Options
    Wow! So awesome and inspiring. Congrats on all the goals you have accomplished and good luck in your marathon training!
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! You guys are awesome!!!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I love your story!!! You look fantastic!
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great, very happy and healthy!
  • frommetobetterme
    frommetobetterme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good job! And I always find it a little amusing to see that when a person looses weight, their partner also often looks more fit in the after pictures. Goes to show how you change yourself and the people around you!
  • sjacobs425
    sjacobs425 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Very impressive and very inspiring!!! i am in the same boat as you and will use your story to push me forward. thanks so mcuh for sharing, and good luck on the last 10
  • lauraedu
    lauraedu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You both look amazing! What an awesome difference!
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, truly inspirational and well done on all the fitness.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!