Lower Bicep Tendon Sore

Options
Hey guys, anyone have this problem before and how did you remedy it. Feels wierd more than it hurts. Doesn't occur during the lift, only afterwards and it just feels a little sore and sensitive, and when I flex I "feel it move" kinda funny. Hard to explain.

Saw a doctor, he said it was nothing... lol But he barely looked at it. Also, I don't curl much at all, just 6 sets a week for 12 reps at a time. I'm thinking it came from using a switch grip on heavy deads.

Edit: Yeah, I'm 100% sure it's not tennis elbow, this is on the inside of the elbow, at the base of the bicep, and does not include the forearm.

Replies

• Phoenyx01
    Phoenyx01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It could be the beginning of Tennis Elbow. I had a similar problem once. Can you do lateral raises with that arm? if not then that might be the case.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm 100% sure it's not tennis elbow, this is on the inside of the elbow, at the base of the bicep, and does not include the forearm.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have that problem when I first started to lift and for me it was purely down to poor form, when I learnt how to curl without bending back using shoulders etc I don't get it as much, sometimes when I throw in a back form curl then it will hurt. If its constantly hurting avoid bicep curls for a week or so, or have a week of lower weight to make sure you have perfect form.
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    See that's the funny thing, my curl form is emaculate lol I'm very careful with it. Elbows at the sides, minimal shoulder recruitment... but then at the bottom of the movement I slow the weight (kinda like standing preacher curls) and maybe that is putting undue stress...

but then I don't curl much, and this started after one session of doing 3x8 on deadlifts, bench, press, and squat at about 60% of 1RM.

I think it was the deadlifts, but yeah, who knows.

So you said it went away? How did you treat it? Did you rest?
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I didnt treat it just went away when my form improved thats all.
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    Hmm, well I've pretty much decided to put it on rest through next week. Next week was a deload anyhow, I'm just going to hit legs and do cardio in the meantime.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking it came from using a switch grip on heavy deads.

Probably. That's a common cause of torn bicep tendons. I would switch to a regular grip for at least 2-3 months. Tendons are slow to heal. It's probably safest to skip the switch grip altogether.
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    Absolutely, going to use straps on heavy deads from now on. I don't need to mess with this ****.