Replies

• sweepgurl101
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I hope everyone is hanging in there! :flowerforyou:
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I hope everyone is hanging in there! :flowerforyou:

Yes ma'am! Of course it has been easier because I had my husband hide the scale and I have no idea where it is! :bigsmile:
  • TheMrsCole
    TheMrsCole Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this since the 1st. It is very hard but I think it is definitely worth it! Unfortunately I won't be making it the full month. My work gives a healthy living bonus so I have to go get a few things checked on the 18th including my weight to get the bonus. But After then I will not step on a scale again until the first of October!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    About 19 days to go!

I'm really concentrating on other things. My new thing to do is look in the mirror and try to point out any muscle definition. More motivating than "Oh, look down a pound. Oh wait, I'm up 2 pounds. And back down." Evil scale! My mirror is much more accurate.

hahahaha
  • pkbryant28
    Options
    I have to say I do not miss stepping on that evil scale every single morning, it was in a way controlling my life. Now I am looking forward to the end of the month to see what the scale will show, but it is a exciting anticipation not a controlling factor of my day.

Hope everyone is doing well with this challenge. :happy:
  • Cikan_Vuz
    Cikan_Vuz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, I wont have access to a scale anymore after today so after my workout today I weighed myself. down from 236 to 222 while pumped and full of water as well as wearing sweat soaked clothes. SO, I am happy!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    It's been 13 days, and I haven't gotten on the scale! woohoo! I take measurements today, such a better way to monitor success!
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The scale can actually be a very valuable resource to let you know how your body is handling the changes you're giving it....

But good for you guys.
  • rlotze
    rlotze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started my diet/exercise a couple weeks ago so I'm addicted to the scale.
    But I can definitely see the point in this - those fractions of a pound each day are depressing when you want to see double digits. lol
    I'm in.

I'm 271 lbs.
    I'm just eating healthy foods - nothing special and no 'diet'.
    I ride a bike between 45 minutes to an hour each day.
    I do core exercises 3 times a week - no machinery.
    Next weekend I'll begin using resistance bands for strength/cardio.

Looking forward to a 'surprise' on October 1st. :)
  • HolyPeas
    Options
    This is an interesting subject and goal for someone who maybe doesn't have so much weight to lose, but let me just throw in my two cents as a healthcare professional/ person trying to lose weight

The scale is one of only a few tools we have at our disposal to REALLY, demonstrably, and non-subjectively measure progress.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    My scale quit on my on Tuesday. The batteries went dead. I too was having withdrawals but now its Friday and its sort of freeing. I was on it everytime I went into the bathroom. Sometimes more than that. My weight on Monday was 223.8 which was a 11 lbs lost since August 13th. I am hoping to wait a whole month and see how low I got. I have a bunch to lose and wont hit my goal until at least May if I am on schedule so I figure what is the rush anyways. I just plan to keep logging everything, eating right while trying out new recipes and foods, and doing exercise everyday. I am so adding you for support.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    better than a scale is measuring inches lost, your clothes being more loose, the way you feel and knowing all the non scale victories that led you to your goals. I think giving up the scale is great thing. We need to focus on a lifestyle change and not numbers.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm throwing in the towel, I think.
    I was way off track this weekend, and I think that because I don't have to answer to the scale, I'm letting myself slide.

I will weigh in tomorrow, and then again on Oct. 1st, then the 15th. Twice a month should do!
  • happysherri
    Options
    I still have not weighed in! 10 more days until weigh in!

Per an above comment - Yes, I don't have but maybe 8 lbs to lose, however when I would weigh myseld (daily) and see it fluctuate up I would get down on myself which could result in giving up. ALSO - I may not have the SCALE as a measuring tool right now, but also per another above comment - I have had to add belts to my pants and go up 3 belt holes just to keep my pants up and I know I've lost fat around the top of my rib cage, because I need a new bra for the band size!

Also - this has given me a chance to focus on my other goals - work outs, pushing myself and trying new things!

Last week I burned 4939 calories! My goal this week is to burn 4800 cals, but I know I will Blow that out of the Water!
  • happysherri
    Options
    better than a scale is measuring inches lost, your clothes being more loose, the way you feel and knowing all the non scale victories that led you to your goals. I think giving up the scale is great thing. We need to focus on a lifestyle change and not numbers.

Like This!
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!!

How are you guys holding up???
  • pkbryant28
    Options
    Hanging in there. Actually I have to admit, I do not miss the scale at all! I am looking forward to my weigh in day just to see if I have lost any weight, but I do not miss the obsession I had of weighing every single day, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Hope everyone else is doing well, one more week, we can do this!
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    Hey PK! That's great - really after the first week you don't miss it! I've been measuring myself weekly and I lost 7 inches!! Great job sticking this out with me =D
  • pkbryant28
    Options
    Hey PK! That's great - really after the first week you don't miss it! I've been measuring myself weekly and I lost 7 inches!! Great job sticking this out with me =D

Congrats on the inches lost, that is where it really counts! I will measure myself on the 1st as well, hoping for some inches lost.
  • pkbryant28
    Options
    Tomorrow is the big day, who all is excited? Me, me, me!!!!