Injury slowing me down

Options
Several weeks ago I had felt light headed and dizzy like vertigo. I went to the doctor got some meds and the dizziness went away but the spasms in my back stayed and became worse. After going to the doctor and the chiropractor every other day and getting massages I am left with my lumbar now in serious pain. The chiropractor says it is muscle spasms and they will go away. Friday I went to chiropractor and had another adjustment and they put me on a machine that stretched out my lower back and rubbed out some spasms. But it was hard for me to get around over the weekend. The pain is better but I am still having pain when I walk in my right hip. Not sciatica. It feels like I have torn a muscle. SO my question is how am I supposed to stay on track and not gain any weight while I am down?

Replies

• lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    I would say change your MFP settings as sedentary lifestyle and stick to to the calories given should be the same but no exercise calories to eat.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I agree. This may also be a good time to do sitting exercises on your upper body or things like weights with your arms.

BUT SIT and don't strain your back. You won't gain weight if you eat right.
  • TheBoev
    TheBoev Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Biofreeze the area. That always helps my muscle spasms. Lower the caloric goal and take it easy. Maybe renting a good easy yoga DVD for some stretching as it starts to feel better.
  • newfiecandy4
    newfiecandy4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Swim! I had back surgery just over a year ago and struggled with this same issue. After being on bed rest for a few weeks I had gained a little weight back that I had worked really hard to lose pre-surgery and got discouraged. I was unale to walk even due to the impact on pavement, but once I got in the water I had little to no pain. It's amazing how many calories you can burn just by swimming (I mean it's fun too, right?) and it will strengthen your back quickly. Good Luck!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    agree... sedentary and just take it easy. do you have pain in your groin area? What kind of workouts were you doing prior to all of this. PM if you like.