Why am I stuck at 140?

I increased from 1380 to 1630 a few days ago, will I gain weight? I highly doubt I would but its great to know I can eat more.
Now when I exercise I usually go an average of 4 days a week or more. I usually burn around 300-500, I know it's not a lot but maybe this is why I'm not losing weight. I'm not sure.

When days I don't exercise (I'm usually at college throughout certain days) should I be eating the full 1630 or not?

I've also been lifting weights to preserve the lean body mass, I'm actually more interested in losing inches but haven't lost any in the past 3 months The last time I lost weight and saw a reduction in size was the beginning of july. This is when I realized I dropped 4/5 pounds but after JuneI haven't seen any change.

Should I do more cardio or spend more time lifting weights? I prefer lifting weights but I don't mind cardio.

Btw I'm 20, 5'4" and pear shaped? If that matters?

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    If you open your diary, people could better help you. If you are not regularly weighing and measuring your food or not consistently logging, you could be eating more than you think. You could be overestimating calorie burn from exercise.
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    I will admit, I haven't been tracking my meals and I do think my calorie burn is being calculated wrong, I should invest in a heart rate monitor.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    How do you know you increased 1380 to 1630 if you don't track?

Bingo.

You need to accurately track what you are eating, or else, you don't really know what you are eating. Maybe this is why you are stuck.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    How do you know you increased 1380 to 1630 if you don't track?

Bingo.

You need to accurately track what you are eating, or else, you don't really know what you are eating. Maybe this is why you are stuck.
    Yup.
  • I love the new Polar HRM I just got last week. I now know exactly how many calories I burn while stenght training at the gym or doing my cardio dvd's at home. And I log every single I eat, even if it just three little Teddy Graham Bears that I steal from my granddaughter on occasion. :smile:
  • missveeoh
    I changed the settings in losing from 2 pounds to a half a pound, that's why my calories increased.
    I was getting tired of 1200 this past year
    I did track when I was 1200, but now the habit of documenting everything I consume is slipping away...ughhh so stressed

But thanks guys, hopefully if I keep tracking ill be able to see what I'm doing wrong.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Track everything. If you ate at 1200 for a long time, it may take awhile for the scale to start to move again. Give it 6-8 weeks before changing anything.
  • missveeoh
    Track everything. If you ate at 1200 for a long time, it may take awhile for the scale to start to move again. Give it 6-8 weeks before changing anything.

Okay so I have to gradually increase to 1600? Yeah I've been at 1200 for the past year and I've slowly increased to 1300 then I stopped tracking everything. My body has adjusted to 1200 this last year, so I dropped 30 pounds and now I'm pretty much stuck and ruined my metabolism and body, I just know I did! :( damn it
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member

Okay so I have to gradually increase to 1600? Yeah I've been at 1200 for the past year and I've slowly increased to 1300 then I stopped tracking everything. My body has adjusted to 1200 this last year, so I dropped 30 pounds and now I'm pretty much stuck and ruined my metabolism and body, I just know I did! :( damn it

Nonsense! You did not *ruin* your metabolism by eating 1200 calories per day. You have admitted to not tracking, so you don't know how accurate your newly upped intake is. My guess is, you are eating more than you think, and that it why the scale hasn't moved. Before you make any more changes, start tracking again. Then go from there.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member

You can't say this without the data to back it up. I've got 85 days in a row of logging everything I put into my facehole (and using a food scale to verify amounts). *I* can say that I know that eating an average of X calories a day and working out Y minutes a day will yield Z weight loss per week for me. You can't do that without accurate logging.