Food Phobia

Options
Hi again :)
Need some help!
I'm anorexic. Story of my life.
Anyway, I was doing so well this past weekend - eating min. 1400 calories and only burning max. 200 during exercise. But now I'm struggling again. I'm getting scared again. I don't want to go back to my completely phobia of food after doing SO well. Because when that happens I'm always hungry and want to eat because the food that's in front of me is healthy, wholesome, tasty food- But I can't for some reason. And I was free of that this weekend. I'm scared I'm slipping up AGAIN. Please can someone knock some sense into me again?
I know this isn't the best place to get help, but my dietitian and best friend are both on vacation. :(
Thanks a ton guys,
Natasha.

Replies

• TashaKnight
    TashaKnight Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi again :)
    Need some help!
    I'm anorexic. Story of my life.
    Anyway, I was doing so well this past weekend - eating min. 1400 calories and only burning max. 200 during exercise. But now I'm struggling again. I'm getting scared again. I don't want to go back to my completely phobia of food after doing SO well. Because when that happens I'm always hungry and want to eat because the food that's in front of me is healthy, wholesome, tasty food- But I can't for some reason. And I was free of that this weekend. I'm scared I'm slipping up AGAIN. Please can someone knock some sense into me again?
    I know this isn't the best place to get help, but my dietitian and best friend are both on vacation. :(
    Thanks a ton guys,
    Natasha.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    its ok hon.

we are in the same boat!

you are not alone!

This site has helped me to get on track.

Just remember that food is fuel to keep us alive!

have you sought out any professional help? that was the main thing that helped me get back on track. Our society is really really terrible about distorting peoples body images...

all i know is that you can do it! Just hang in there, and please please, private message me if you want to chat in more detail. I would love to be your 'buddy' in staying on track because i am doing it myself!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You have support here. I used to struggle with it too and can still fall into it from time to time depending on life situations. But remember, food is not your enemy. And if you can make healthy choices, you'll feel better. Did something change since the weekend to make your thought patterns change? Maybe taking your favorite healthy food in small portions (fruit is great or a powerhouse sandwich), and then make a little lunch bag and go for a walk outside. Distract yourself by enjoying nature. Not high intense exercising, just leisurely enjoyment. You deserve a healthy body and a good frame of mind. And don't be down on yourself at all for slipping back into old habits. I read somewhere it takes at least three weeks to make a good habit, and three seconds to break it. It's absolutely wonderful that you're aware of the issue. That means you're a very strong individual, which means that you can kick this tiny bump in the road. Don't get down on yourself. You did great this weekend, and you're going to do great today!!! (HUGS)
  • Flocker
    Flocker Posts: 35
    Options
    Hang in there. It may be BECAUSE your dietician and best friend are away that you are feeling this way because it is a loss of control of your surroundings. At least that is what I was told back when I was struggling. If you can focus on what may be causing it this time, you may be able to get through this until you have your support system back. And congrats on doing so well throughout the weekend! You're not alone, and you WILL get through this! I've been healthy for 8 years and you will be too!
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I am in the exact same boat as you. Eating Disorders are extremely challenging, but you can overcome them.