Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Options
A friend once shared with me that she didn't know how bad she really felt, until she started to feel good again! I want that!!
After a total hysterectomy @ 9 years ago, and working the night shift for over 10 years, added to lack of exercise, and overall poor dietary habits, my once 130lb frame has been added to by over 80lbs. Not a good set up for a near 50 year old, with a strong family history of cancer, diabetes, etc. So, here I am, hoping to make some permanent, life long changes. I know it will take time, and perseverance on my part, as well as patience and commitment.
Starting with today, I'm focusing on my eating........eating today intentionally.......thinking about every single thing I'm putting in my mouth, and tracking it in the food section. I know that if I try to cut out all of "this", or every single thing of "that" , I'm setting myself up for failure.........baby steps. However, I'm intending, just for today, to cut out as many grains as possible. Any and all grains.........breakfast.......a nice salad, with organic hemp seed, ground flax, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, with home made Italian dressing ( EVOO, with Italian spices). Haven't got to lunch yet, and I also know that failure to plan, equals planning to fail. So, tonight, after the kids are in bed, I'm sitting down to plan out a few days meals.......with as few grains as possible.
I may have a bowl of oatmeal every couple days, because as I said, I know to cut off every single thing, all at once, is probably not realistic. I'm doing this just as much for my kids, as I am for me. Having younger kids at this age makes for many years ahead to be busy and active. Praying that by my 50th birthday in Feb, I'm down 30 lbs. That's 5 months, and I believe it's possible.
Next on the agenda, more moving, less sitting. And will watch 'Hungry for Change' again, for a boost in motivation.
:happy:

Replies

• BrooklynnAK
    BrooklynnAK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Baby steps is the way to go! That's how I finally got myself on track! Feel free to add me for extra support & motivation!
  • EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Nearly got to where I wanted to be and had an accident laying me up for nearly five months. I didn't gain back much, thank goodness, and have now had the go ahead by the physio to start working out again. I've got about 14lb left to final target so feel free to add me for support x
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    I'm only a few weeks in, and the change in how I feel overall is amazing!
  • familyizzy
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You can do this! Time for getting yourself back.