Do I count walking to and from work?

Options
I put it down that I seditary, because I work at an office job sitting down most of the day. I do however walk to my office and home every day which would count for about 30 minutes of walking. I was wondering if I should track this in my daily exercise.... Please help!

Replies

• dmcbeauty
    Options
    I would!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    YES! and pick the speed up week by week make it count!!!! walking is fantastic exercise.
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    I think you should! It's a form of working out! With MFP, you can approximate the speed and see how many calories you burn. Or another option is not log it and know that you atleast had a few extra calories burned for the day.
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    yeah, if you put down sedentary as your activity level, then I would count it. You might try carrying handweights or something with you (if you don't already have your hands full) to give it that extra boost.
  • msdivadivine
    Options
    That certainly does count as exercise. We often get caught up in the notion of what others consider to be exercise, when actually any physical activity that increases the heart rate is exercise.
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely!!!
    I count it if I walk to University which is about 30minutes each way!!
    Any workout is still a workout!

=]
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    yep I would too, if we can count sex and house cleaning, then WALKING would be an excellent addition. and it's not like you're walking for 5 minutes...it sounds like a substantial walk
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    yep! you put down sedentary, which means it doesnt take the walking to work into account! count it! :D i wish i still had my old job, i walked up and down THREE steep hills to get there! so much exercise every week day! D:
  • camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    yes absolutely!! it may help to get a pedometor in order to count your steps and calories burned, i hve an app on my iphone that i use but u can get em anywhere
  • tiffanyhd1
    Options
    I think you should since walking is a form of exercise!!!!!! 30 minutes of exercise out the way!!!!