Gaining weight?

Options
Hello all! I'm in a little bit of a crisis! I've gained 2 pounds and it's increasing daily and I don't know why. 4 days ago I had a cheat day, and since them the scale has just been going up and I don't know why! I've been eating really clean after my cheat days and going on long runs in attempts to loose the extra pounds again, but it's still going up! Even after a lower calorie day and running 3+ miles, I gained .4 pounds yesterday. This might be tmi, but I used the restroom (both types) before weighing this morning.

Any ideas?

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm in a little bit of a crisis! I've gained 2 pounds and it's increasing daily and I don't know why. 4 days ago I had a cheat day, and since them the scale has just been going up and I don't know why! I've been eating really clean after my cheat days and going on long runs in attempts to loose the extra pounds again, but it's still going up! Even after a lower calorie day and running 3+ miles, I gained .4 pounds yesterday. This might be tmi, but I used the restroom (both types) before weighing this morning.

Any ideas?

Its just water. Stop weighing yourself every day. To gain a half pound of fat you would have to have eaten 1700-1800 calories over your maintenance.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking plenty of water, it should help flush out any excess sodium and drop your water retention levels back to normal :)
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    water weight, dont worry bout it.
  • Tokoeka
    Options
    I find I can gain a kg in water at various times of my hormonal cycle? Very demoralising!