Taking my body back, fighting my food addiciton and making t

Options
I will be 34 in a couple of weeks...Never been married and have no children. So why do I look like my body have been put through the torture of octuplets?? Oh wait even she got her body back. It's because I have an addiction to food. I had gotten my body in great shape 10yrs ago. Then one bad relationship after another with one great friend to see me through, Food. Next thing you know I've gained again. Why did I work so hard to let food control me again? I've suffered the loss of my youngest sibling from Meningitis with my best friend Food there to comfort me. I gained weight and weighed a whooping 250lbs. I lost weight by hard work and was down to 173 when we went to trial over my sister's passing. I guess depression hit or my best friend missed me...Right back up to 195. Now I've found Mr. Wonderful and we are discussing marriage and while trying on wedding dresses I find I'm an 18, an 18! Why would I want my first time down the isle be in an 18?? NO! I'm taking back my body! As my mother told me if you could be a healthy 5ft4in 200lbs that would be fine, but that is a contradiction in terms. There is no healthy 5ft4in 200lb person. I didn't put this weight on overnight and it is not gonna come off overnight. There is no miracle drug to help lose weight. It takes discipline. This is not a diet this is a lifestyle change! I'm not going to be "suffering" forever. This is temporary.

Replies

• raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Congratulations on the engagement! As for the weight loss, you can totally do this. MFP is such an awesome tool, and will help keep you accountable. The forums are full of friendly, helpful people. Good luck!
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcom! You will find lots of people here who have the same best friend. This is a great place to get the support and help you need. I love this site. :)
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I will be 34 in a couple of weeks...Never been married and have no children. So why do I look like my body have been put through the torture of octuplets?? Oh wait even she got her body back. It's because I have an addiction to food. I had gotten my body in great shape 10yrs ago. Then one bad relationship after another with one great friend to see me through, Food. Next thing you know I've gained again. Why did I work so hard to let food control me again? I've suffered the loss of my youngest sibling from Meningitis with my best friend Food there to comfort me. I gained weight and weighed a whooping 250lbs. I lost weight by hard work and was down to 173 when we went to trial over my sister's passing. I guess depression hit or my best friend missed me...Right back up to 195. Now I've found Mr. Wonderful and we are discussing marriage and while trying on wedding dresses I find I'm an 18, an 18! Why would I want my first time down the isle be in an 18?? NO! I'm taking back my body! As my mother told me if you could be a healthy 5ft4in 200lbs that would be fine, but that is a contradiction in terms. There is no healthy 5ft4in 200lb person. I didn't put this weight on overnight and it is not gonna come off overnight. There is no miracle drug to help lose weight. It takes discipline. This is not a diet this is a lifestyle change! I'm not going to be "suffering" forever. This is temporary.

Wow. I have to say your attitude is inspiring. Im very glad you are getting married congrats. I too am an emotional eater. But I know you can do this and I kno that I can do this! My weight goes down and I let myself get out of control. Hell I lost like 15 lbs then gained it back plus like 10 pounds in this year alone. But I was sad and food was my comfort. NOT ANYMORE! Someone here has a quote in their signature that says "Feeling sexy and healthy is a feeling that no food could match" I may be paraphrasing but that is such a true quote. I printed it out and taped it to my bathroom mirror, my planner, my pantry door. Along with my goals. But I wish you the best of luck :D God bless!
  • peacegirl3
    Options
    I have known you for pretty much our whole lives and I love you more than anything in the world. You are one of the strongest people I know. YOU CAN DO THIS! I am here for you and will help out in any way I can. Welcome to MFP!!!! <3 U!
  • jenielee
    jenielee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Like D said, we've known you most of our lives and that means we know what you are capable of. You can definately do this.... and we're here to help! You know you're more like a sister to us than just a friend. I can't wait to see you walk down the isle is a hot little size 8 wedding gown. :-) Life has gotten to all three of us. D was able to acheive her weight goal and so will we. TOGETHER!