Kale recipes

tkillion810
tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
I'm looking for more ways to incorporate Kale into my meals. I have tried kale chips but they are only ok. I often will saute' some garlic and onion in olive oil then add vegetable broth and kale and steam it. I toss in beans or sliced almonds and cranberries. Any other ideas? I don't particularly care for it raw, it's pretty tough.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I like it chopped and added to tomato based sauces such as marinara. It's also just as good as spinach on a pizza IMO.
  • starnca
    starnca Posts: 4 Member
    Try looking up Ribollita soup recipes. They are chicken broth based with kale, savoy cabbage, potato, navy beans, celery, etc. You can add or remove ingredients to suit your taste since it's kind of a one-pot deal. We make it on a Sunday so it's easy to take for lunches and very filling/satisfying.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,438 Member
    I like to make a massaged kale and mango salad. drizzle some olive oil, lemon juice and a dash of salt on the kale and massage it for 2-3 minutes to "soften up" the kale. cut up a fresh mango and throw it in, make a dressing of honey, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper, toss the kale and mango with the dressings and finish with a handful of pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Smoked turkey, cayenne pepper, a little vinegar and sugar in a pot. Simmer till turkey is falling off the bone. Yum yum.
  • madcry3
    madcry3 Posts: 1 Member
    Kale Chips: Remove the rib, cut into "chip" size pieces, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on whatever you like (cinnamon, season salt,etc). I like to use Buffalo Wild Wings salt and vinegar seasoning. Bake at 350 until crispy, about 11-15 min. You need to eat the same day or they get chewy.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Smoked turkey, cayenne pepper, a little vinegar and sugar in a pot. Simmer till turkey is falling off the bone. Yum yum.

Did you forget the kale?
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Smoothies! Kale and mango rock! Kale, banana and apple is good. Kale banana and pineapple is awesome too. Make sure you have a good blender though.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

Did you forget the kale?

Should be a given, seeing as how that is the topic. :smile:
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Haha, I thought the same thing.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Thanks for the ideas!