100 pounds gone and not stopping!!!

Options
The day I saw 100 pounds lost on my bathroom scale was one of the happiest moments of my life!!! Right up there with the day I married my husband and the birth of my 3 children. Ok, maybe not quite there with those times, but still really important. I had been chubby (ok, ok, not chubby, but fat) all of my life. July of last year a picture was taken of me in front of my mother-in-laws stove. When I saw that picture it was like a huge mental head slap, holy cow, I'm not just thick, I'm obese!!!! My rear end was as wide as the oven and my head looked 20 sizes to small for my body. The fact that I was standing next to my not quite 5 foot, 98 pound mother-in0law didn't help the seemingly ginormousnous of my hefty figure. It was like I had some blinders on all of these years that because I actually did move around and didn't sit on the couch all day that even though I was consuming 4 person amounts of food idea that there was no way I could be obese, just merely a tad overweight and big boned. Ugghh, I hate that phrase, big boned. I must've said it a hundred times. Well, last July I decided to do something about it instead of crying about it and started making changes. Weight loss is such a complex thing, I started with a liquid diet that I had heard about and though I did lose some weight quickly, it is not a sustainable diet. So then I opted for the low calorie. So I started eating 900 calories per day. BAD IDEA!!!! DO NOT DO THIS!!!! It was super unhealthy, my hair started falling out, I lost my appetite completely, and the halitosis that comes with that big a defecit is TERRIBLE!!!!!! Very dangerous. SO then I finally settled on a 1200 calorie diet, balanced and containing healthy amounts of protein, dairy, whole grains, fruits, veggies, and healthy fats along with some moderate exercise. And it worked(s) like a charm!!!! So now today, after 14 months of sweat, research, dieting, PRAYING, and a lot of physical and mental hard work I get to bask in this 100 pound loss!!! Yay!! I still have 28 pounds I am working to lose and lemme tell you, it is not easy. I'm kind of mentally drained from the weight loss journey and I have been slacking off, but hopefully I can find that motivation again and keep on pushing to my goal weight of 145. Happy girl :)

Replies

• sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This is awsome!! I know you will lose those 28 lbs in no time. I have 50 lbs to lose and it's going slowly. I know it will take some time and I am hanging in there. Taking it one day at a time. I am also married with 3 kids(15, 10, 2.5 yrs). Thank you for sharing your story. Keep going STRONG!!!
  • kelleybelly35
    kelleybelly35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I know the feeling of accomplishment that comes from losing that much weight. I lost 125 lbs and have kept it off for 10 yrs now.
  • Damaddie0304
    Options
    :happy: Thanks so much for your kind words. Every little positive thing said makes the journey that much easier and that much more pleasant. A lot of times it is something simple like a compliment or simple word of encouragement that gets me through the day.
  • lesrdz26
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep going. My 50lbs goal is coming slow, but I will get there. Do you have before and after pic. Those are always motivating. Please post here if you do.
    Best of luck on your next 28 lbs.
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, its these triumphs that keep me motivated!!!

Well done x:flowerforyou:
  • Wow, that's fantastic! I'm so happy for you :D
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're almost at the finish line and you've gone an incredible long way. I am utterly inspired by you. :D
  • Damaddie0304
    Options
    [img]http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t672/damaddie0304/Before and After/65877_182922268386274_7774705_n_zps85bbdc14.jpg[/img]
  • Damaddie0304
    Options
    BEFORE
    [img]http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t672/damaddie0304/Before and After/65877_182922268386274_7774705_n_zps85bbdc14.jpg[/img]
  • Damaddie0304
    Options
    [img]http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t672/damaddie0304/Before and After/1001212_645419935469836_1600736240_n_zps9c61d0ea.jpg[/img]
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Damaddie0304
    Options
    74d97e11-c6cf-4101-adfe-160eb69213e6_zps249d1608.jpg
  • willial2310
    Options
    YOU ARE AMAZING 100 LBS. !!! WHAT A GREAT JOB !!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR PHOTOS :) YOU INSPIRE ME TO CONTINUE ON MY JOURNEY................THANK YOU
  • Damaddie0304
    Options
    I posted some before and after picks. The pic of me in front of the oven (yes that's my mother-in-law grabbing my ample tush) is the one that made me realize it was time for a change, I used to wear jackets a lot to hide all my fluff.
  • willial2310
    Options
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME !!!! YOU CAN DO 28 MORE GIRL, THAT IS A SMALL TASK COMPARED TO WHAT YOU HAVE DONE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Damaddie0304
    Options
    Thank you soooooooo much for the support! It's funny, some days it feels like I've been at this forever and other days it feels like I just started. I guess the only time that really matters is right now. One day at a time, it's all we really can do.
  • norahs45
    norahs45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just freakin awesome job- thank you for sharing...
  • Richardson62617
    Richardson62617 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You did an awesome job and look amazing!!..I hope to do what you did :) I have lost 30 but still have another 40 or 50 to lose and the scale keeps stopping ugh, but I WILL get there!!:)
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    lovely!
  • meggitty10
    Options
    Wonderful! Fantastic! Incredible! I could go on! Good job woman. I bet you've got some very proud family members. :) Good luck on the last few lbs. God bless!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!