Vacation help!!!

Options
Hey all,

I'm headed out of town for five days on a quick vacation to visit a friend in Texas. I've been doing circuit training videos with handweights for the most part, but I'm not going to be able to bring the videos (as they are on-demand on my cable) OR the weights (because I am NOT lugging them in my carry-on!!!!) with me on vacation. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do while I'm away to keep up with my workout plan? What are some good total-body moves that I can fit into a simple routine that I can do without a video??

Your help is much appreciated!

-Erin

Replies

• AzizaBell
    Options
    Don't know what cable provider she has but can you do them "on demand" at her house?? Or find a fitness channel while you are there??
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Encourage your friend to go on walks with you. Or see if she has any fitness channels. Suggest doing things that keep you both active. Where in Texas are you going? It's beautiful here! I live north of Dallas.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    All sorts of great moves you can do for the week!

Lunges are awesome for the legs. Doing them slowly (four count down and four count up) increases the intensity!

Pushups are great too (again, slowly). I have to do them on my knees still, but even then it's still a great upper-body exercise.

If you want weights... Borrow some cans of soup from her cupboard. Hey - better than nothing. :-)
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Weather here in Texas is great for walking and we have on demad also. There is so 7day free pass for the Gym.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, go for walks. If you are looking for other activities...here is a list of just some of the many options:
    1) Buy resistance bands. Almost any exercise you can think of you can do with bands....avoids free weights, etc
    2) Tai Chi and Yoga....works on flexibility, ALL core, stabilizers, and the list goes on
    3) Lunges, squats, jumping jacks, windmill, etc etc...all aerobic-type exercises that don't need equipment
    4) Google "Exercises you can do anywhere" or "Exercises that use no equipment" or something of this nature

Enjoy your trip!