What to do with keys when running/walking/jogging?

Options
I listen to my phone when I go walking, so that's in my hand, but I'm worried about my keys. I walk at a local park, and right now I just take my car key off my keyring and slide it in the back of my rubber case for my phone, but I'm worried about it slipping out. I don't have exercise clothes with pockets, and when I put things in pockets while running, they just make my pants fall down. Any ideas?

Replies

• BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a key chain with a elastic wrist band to wear or I can put my keys on the arm sleeve that I wear my ipod in.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Fanny Pack! Seriously...I have a really small one called a "shadow pack" so you can hide it under your shirt if you are embarrassed about wearing a fanny pack, but it's awesome. Before I was always stuffing things in my bra, and tying keys to my shoes, the fanny pack is so much better.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Both my keys and phone go in my bra. I double up so they go between the two and have been safe there so far thought where I am loosing weight (and my boobies :( ) I've noticed the keys move around (from side to cleavage) so I'm thinking of getting one of those keyring things that you can clip on and clip them onto my bra strap. I like the fact they are "hidden" - nobody could take them from me very easily.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I recently saw this at home depot where you can put your key in a manet and place it underneath your car bumper.IF starting your walk from home there one in the shape of a sprinkler that you can put your key and and place the sprinkler in your garden,no one will ever know!Or you can carry a pouch that you can strap around your waist,I usually need my chapstick and waterbottle so I put them all in a pouch around my waist!
  • iboulder
    iboulder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is what I always do.

-Setup
    1. Find a big safety pin.
    2. Get an extra car key made
    3. Attach safety pin to key
    4. Put key/pin in glove box

Next time you go out, grab your key from the glove box. Toss your regular key ring under your front seat. Close the door. Lock the doors with your extra key. Pin the key to the inside of your shorts. Bonus is you don't have to carry all those extra keys arround while running.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    There are running clothes with zippered/secure key pockets in them; there are also key pockets that attach to your shoes, ones you wear on your wrist, and others that clip to your clothes. I used to use one by Amphipod that was a small neoprene pouch that clipped to my shorts and laid flat without bouncing. If you live in the US, you can look on roadrunnersports.com for any/all of these, I'd imagine; may also find them on Amazon (since they have everything else!). Good luck!
  • wistera
    wistera Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a spibelt (http://www.spibelt.com/) that I love! It's a teeny tiny fanny pack that stretches to the shape of your objects and is almost invisible under clothes... I pack my phone, car key and ID in there and it works fabulously. I was really skeptical about it actually staying put while running when I first bought it, but it doesn't move an inch.
  • iboulder
    iboulder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also run with this.

http://www.spibelt.com/products/spibelt

It's great. It stretches to hold all kinds of things and doesn't bound. Lots of fun colors.
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My 3 keys are on a key ring that I take off of my BIG keychain. I loop the key ring through my shoelaces and tie my shoes, then weave the keys in and out of my laces so they don't flop around.
  • autbrat
    autbrat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Depending on how many keys you have you could tie them on your tennis shoe in your shoelace. Just a thought :-)
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I have an Amphipod micropack landsport:
    http://www.amphipod.com/products/holders/lock-on-micropacks
    It clips onto my waistband and is terrific for running and for other sports as well.

I also pare down what I carry with me during events. I'll put in a few cards (ID, credit card, medical emergency card) and just my car key if I drive to an event. Everything else is in my car trunk. Or, if not driving, it will have just the few cards and my house keys.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    As I have a Vw key( huge) I cannot loop it around my shoes! I have the armpod for my iPhone which will fit that key, or if I am taking my hand held water bottle the key goes in there!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I leave my house keys in my car and put my car key in my bra. I have one pair of workout shorts that have a pocket in the waistband, so when I wear those, I put my key there.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Depending on how many keys you have you could tie them on your tennis shoe in your shoelace. Just a thought :-)
    Genius! I heard of this before and forgot all about it.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I don't know maybe I am just weird but I put mine in my shorts pocket........ :noway:
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I listen to my phone when I go walking, so that's in my hand, but I'm worried about my keys. I walk at a local park, and right now I just take my car key off my keyring and slide it in the back of my rubber case for my phone, but I'm worried about it slipping out. I don't have exercise clothes with pockets, and when I put things in pockets while running, they just make my pants fall down. Any ideas?

Chuck it in your bra. You won't even feel it, it won't travel, but you have to hide that glamourous moment when you fish it out again. :D
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I tie the key into one of my shoe laces and then double-knot. Works great for bigger keys like car keys. Leave the rest of your keys in the trunk.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    use some strapping tape and tape it to your arm/leg

or i have shorts where the pocket has a zip to close it
  • Streetshark1972
    Options
    I do a couple different things depending on whether I'm driving to my walk/jog destination or just leaving and going from home. What I am wearing also comes into play. I have a very slim fanny pack, you hardly know it's there. It fits my phone nicely. I have a lanyard with an extra house key for when I walk from my house. When I drive to my starting point, I lock my purse and keys in my trunk and take the extra electronic door opener with me.