1 year progress-& Counting!!

Options
I wasn't going to post this because I am only 34.5 lbs down in a year & sort of embarrased about it, but then I had to realize they are my hard-earned pounds lost and I am PROUD!..I am being told the slower the better so we shall see!

My Story:

There is nothing special about the day 9/25/12 except that is the day that I woke up and decided that I wanted to change my lifestyle. I was tired of my back hurting, tired of feeling so tired, tired of not wanting to eat in public, tired of being 4'10 & weighing almost 230 lbs. I was just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I was in a size 20 and those were starting to get tight. My shirts were 2 x's and they were starting to get tight depending on the style. I am now in some 16's (bottoms) and Xl and 1x (sometimes too big) in shirts. I searched online for calorie counting websites as I had done one in 2011' but for only like 3 months total. I ran across myfitnesspal and joined that same day. Here I am a year later: almost 35 lbs gone, high blood pressure meds lowered, anemia gone, confidence out the roof, feeling so much better, more energy & just overall a better person. I have never in all of my 35 years of my life been one to workout-not even walk and in Oct 2012 I joined a gym for the 1st time ever. Loved it so much and then it closed down. That didn't stop me. I found a great bargain on craigslist and bought me a treadmill and a complete free weight set for my home. When you want this bad enough you will do anything to get it!! Nothing will stop you. I have been working out at home since the gym closed and still enjoying it. I lost my Mom in 09' at the young age of 54 due to congestive heart failure-I miss her so much! She also had high blood pressure, diabetes, 2 sleeping disorders and anemia. I want to make her proud. I am sure she is smiling down on me for making the necessary changes in my life to become a healthier woman so that I can be around longer for my kids and my grandkids in the future. This year has taught me that I can do anything I put my mind to & that I am in control of how things go. I plan on making 9/25/13-9/25/14 an ever SHARPER year!-Starting TODAY. I don't know what I would do without my MFP family. I could go on and on because there is so much to say. I will finish this off by saying "If I CAN do this-Anyone CAN". I have had some struggles throughout this past year but it has only made me stronger to press on even harder for this next upcoming year. I got this!!! <3

Here we go-I don't call it before and after because I am still working towards my goal GW of 160 and UGW of 150. I started Mfp at 227.5 and am not at 193 lbs

]]]]]]]

Replies

• Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Can't get the pics to show-It was so hard and they are still not showing! The in the front of the http is not showing but I put it there.
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to post this because I am only 34.5 lbs down in a year & sort of embarrased about it, but then I had to realize they are my hard-earned pounds lost and I am PROUD!..I am being told the slower the better so we shall see!

My Story:

There is nothing special about the day 9/25/12 except that is the day that I woke up and decided that I wanted to change my lifestyle. I was tired of my back hurting, tired of feeling so tired, tired of not wanting to eat in public, tired of being 4'10 & weighing almost 230 lbs. I was just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I was in a size 20 and those were starting to get tight. My shirts were 2 x's and they were starting to get tight depending on the style. I am now in some 16's (bottoms) and Xl and 1x (sometimes too big) in shirts. I searched online for calorie counting websites as I had done one in 2011' but for only like 3 months total. I ran across myfitnesspal and joined that same day. Here I am a year later: almost 35 lbs gone, high blood pressure meds lowered, anemia gone, confidence out the roof, feeling so much better, more energy & just overall a better person. I have never in all of my 35 years of my life been one to workout-not even walk and in Oct 2012 I joined a gym for the 1st time ever. Loved it so much and then it closed down. That didn't stop me. I found a great bargain on craigslist and bought me a treadmill and a complete free weight set for my home. When you want this bad enough you will do anything to get it!! Nothing will stop you. I have been working out at home since the gym closed and still enjoying it. I lost my Mom in 09' at the young age of 54 due to congestive heart failure-I miss her so much! She also had high blood pressure, diabetes, 2 sleeping disorders and anemia. I want to make her proud. I am sure she is smiling down on me for making the necessary changes in my life to become a healthier woman so that I can be around longer for my kids and my grandkids in the future. This year has taught me that I can do anything I put my mind to & that I am in control of how things go. I plan on making 9/25/13-9/25/14 an ever SHARPER year!-Starting TODAY. I don't know what I would do without my MFP family. I could go on and on because there is so much to say. I will finish this off by saying "If I CAN do this-Anyone CAN". I have had some struggles throughout this past year but it has only made me stronger to press on even harder for this next upcoming year. I got this!!! <3

Here we go-I don't call it before and after because I am still working towards my goal GW of 160 and UGW of 150. I started Mfp at 227.5 and am not at 193 lbs

a64cbfd5-e665-4054-a25e-85f042373cf2_zpse144b941.jpg

efa97e94-7d1b-45fb-adff-8a7bf8f1de39_zps84963064.jpg

1d7d5236-8c5a-47b2-84ac-23dc548ffcb8_zps01d2d4b5.jpg

0498432b-d040-4b0e-ba94-8cb7d2920079_zps253c5604.jpg

72ecf0e0-6233-41d7-8d83-72e137bf4e1a_zps506cd184.jpg

3e2574c1-b15f-4985-9a8f-547b69a2d151_zps26ce7032.jpg

8de2e0d8-3f5c-46a5-9050-397e3e72dcc1_zps94e3829d.jpg

at the end of the pics put / before img rather than after. But congrats keep up the good work you look great!!
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help on the pics! I appreciate it :)

My Story:

a64cbfd5-e665-4054-a25e-85f042373cf2_zpse144b941.jpg

efa97e94-7d1b-45fb-adff-8a7bf8f1de39_zps84963064.jpg

1d7d5236-8c5a-47b2-84ac-23dc548ffcb8_zps01d2d4b5.jpg

0498432b-d040-4b0e-ba94-8cb7d2920079_zps253c5604.jpg

72ecf0e0-6233-41d7-8d83-72e137bf4e1a_zps506cd184.jpg

3e2574c1-b15f-4985-9a8f-547b69a2d151_zps26ce7032.jpg

8de2e0d8-3f5c-46a5-9050-397e3e72dcc1_zps94e3829d.jpg

at the end of the pics put / before img rather than after. But congrats keep up the good work you look great!!
  • easto_79
    easto_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I sometimes think 30 pounds I could have done better or still so much to go, but then I think what 30 pounds look like and am amazed and proud of myself. I think in 1 pound butter blocks picture that 30 pounds it's amazing. Great work!
  • Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey, great Work.. Keep it going down and let us know how its going. Inspired!
  • TrishaShav
    TrishaShav Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Keep up the good work.
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're looking great!
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    Options
    You can tell the difference. Great work! And you're right, it may be slow progress, but it's still progress nonetheless, so be proud!
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You can totally see the difference!! You look fantastic!! Keep up the good work :)
  • workinprogress37
    workinprogress37 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on the progress you have made. Keep it up!
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    excellent progress ... congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!