Friends wanted - 50 plus wanting to lose 50 plus pounds

Options
I'm 52 years young, 5'7" and currently in the red corner weighing in at 217 pounds with a goal of 154 pounds.

Looking for friends to do travel this road with.

Been yoyo dieting since I was 19 and have finally decided that enough is enough and it's time to change for good.

If you are in a similar boat and would like a new friend to share this journey, please send me a friend request.

Replies

• amnaamir
    Options
    Hi!!!
    I am in a similar situation...just bought the insanity work out dvd, trying to lose about 50 pounds as well...and keep it off!
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am turning 50 in December and in the same boat as you. I am 5'3" and currently weigh 216 lbs. At my heaviest 2 years ago I was 263 lbs, I then lost 40 lbs and since then have yo yo'd up and down going down to 199 lbs at one point.

I am now determined this is the last straw, I need to get healthy before I get much older.
    I just started a 12 week workout program that will finish 2 weeks before I turn 50. I hope to see some great results. Eventually my end goal is 150 lbs unless by the time I get there I want a bit more gone, will decide once I get there!

I would like more friends that are in the same situation too!
    Angie
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 from UK and have around 50 pounds to lose - please feel free to add me for support.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll be 50 in December and still have 45 pounds to lose, feel free to add me.
  • opmom3
    Options
    Hi!!!

I will be your friend! I just found this website this evening as I googled, "cannot get motivated to lose weight." I think a solid group of internet friends sounds like the perfect way to start and stay accountable with through this journey. I am already motivated just reading the stories of people just like me! I also have 50 to lose and although I am overwhelmed by that number - I know we can do it if we help motivate each other and keep each other accountable. :)
  • linest
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in the same boat! 52, 5'10", 239lbs right now.

I used to race bicycles. I'm a solid 80 lbs above my old racing weight of 10 years ago. I don't want to be that skinny again, but I don't want to be this fat either.
  • ShrimpMe
    ShrimpMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, next age enhancement is January and just started AGAIN yesterday. Hoping to loose my age in pounds along with inches. Going to send requests to all of you. Hoping you'll keep me honest and on track. They say it's 21 days to change habits. 2 down and 19 to go!
  • opmom3
    Options
    Great! Can we create some little accountability group of friends on here? I am brand new and would really love a forum of familiar internet friends to chat with and motivate each other...
  • ShrimpMe
    ShrimpMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • Cathy1117
    Options
    I am 69 and am 50+ over weight. I can't exercise much because of a breathing problem a result of two surgeries in 5 months. I would love to encourage others and love to get encouragement from others
  • mellieinkc
    Options
    I am totally in! I am 48 and soon to be 49. I have lost 26 pounds but I still have 35+ to go. I am done losing and gaining and I could definitely use some more friends who will keep me motivated and accountable. Please send me friend requests too and let's to do this TOGETHER! You know they say you are twice as successful as a group!!! :glasses:
  • Nushuz
    Nushuz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I've made you all friends but have also started a group so that we can support each other easier.

I've called it '50 plus with 50 to lose' so please go sign up to it.

This is the first group that I've started so it's a learning curve, but I will put some work into it later tonight.

Together is better!