Don't know how to dress anymore HELP

Options
This is a ridiculous question, but it is something that is bothering me. I lost 36 pounds and I don't know how to dress anymore.I used to wear anything baggy to cover up. I have a dinner planned with friends I haven't seen in over two years. I want to look great! Anyone have any suggestions on what to wear?? It is casual and we are most likely going out to a bar afterwards. I want to look cute and I want it to be obvious that I lost weight. Any ideas?? I am sorry this is such a silly question. Hopefully someone with style can help me out I am willing to go shopping tomorrow :blushing:

Replies

• tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I should add that I have a big butt/legs and small(er) waist
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a pair of jeans that really fit you well and a nice form fitting shirt!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Wear a wrap dress! They are flattering on any figure but especially emphasize a small waist and camoflauge larger hips. Basically, they give you a great hourglass figure.
  • neasy23
    neasy23 Posts: 47
    Options
    A second a great fitting pair of jeans! Straight leg are usually flattering on everyone.
    Maybe a cute cami w/ something not so tight on top...

I know wearing something not baggy but not tight on top makes me feel a little more comfy!

You will look great!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    try a pair of black dress pants (for extra slimming), a belt (if you want to show off your waist) and a shirt you can tuck in, but is not too small that will put your behind on broadway if you're looking to hide it.

i'm corny and might wear jeans, a turtle neck and a blazer. not sure of the temps where you are, if it's hot or cold. just make sure you're comfortable.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    A really dark pair of fitted jeans, boot leg works best. A pair of black boots underneath (or heels). And on top, a fitted top that shows off your smaller waist. I love stores like Express and New York and Company for finding dressier tops. Or Macys. The best thing to do is grab a bunch of shirts, even ones you might not like at first and just try them on. You'll never know what looks good otherwise. I've lost 55 lbs and I had to relearn how to dress and shop. Now I'm all about fitted clothes, nothing baggy, and especially nothing poofy around my stomach!
  • in_jin_jo
    Options
    Treat yourself to a new pair of jeans that flatter your new body. You can dress jeans up or down, pair it with a reall cute sweater or fitted top and you are golden. There are lots of stores that have things on sale. Old Navy has shirts for $6 and Gap has a new line of jeans. Have a special day where you take a BUNCH of clothes in the dressing room and try on everything until you find what looks good. Don't be afraid to ask the salespeople for help.
  • tissyazd
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. It's funny, because I couldn't wait until I could wear cute clothes. Now that I fit into them, I don't know how to wear them.
  • tissyazd
    Options
    I did buy new jeans recently and love them, so maybe I am just looking for the perfect top. I can't wait until I can wear a sweater dress with leggings. One of my "secret"goals!!
  • kriegs86
    Options
    Try it all on and love the new you in the mirror. Sounds like I am cut similar to you. My rear and thighs are bigger than I'd like but my waist is just right. I love the idea of jeans but they never actually work right when I put them on -- and I've tried hundreds. So I go with a dress that has a tight waist that shows just how thin that part of me is. :smile:
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    A classic retro Empire Line dress, always a winner! Search on google if you arent sure, but Its a dress which is fitted at the bust, with a belt or is tapered in at the waist (high waist/ under the bust) and a nice A line/ flared skirt bit. Google it! Its super on trend!
    Add a cardigan/ Shawl or suit jacket for arm coverage if you need, choose as per how formal the event will be.
    Have a gr8 time and congrats on the loss so far!
  • tissyazd
    Options
    Whew, I feel much better. I went to the mall tonight and found a cute top with a black belt and I am wearing my new jeans and boots. I lost it for a minute when I realized I didn't' own any clothes that fit well! Thanks for all your ideas and opinions. I am still hoping I can walk into a store and buy a sweater dress and leggings...ahhh one day:wink: