What to do with keys when running/walking/jogging?

Options

Replies

• RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I put my keys in my running stroller.

If I run solo, I take my nathan trailmix hydration belt and put my keys in the pocket.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you've got a TJ Maxx or Marshalls, check their fitness area for the small waist packs - I picked up a Nathan Shadow Pak there for about $8. Holds keys, credit card, cash, etc. Great to have. They usually have other types and brands too - small "wrist wallets" and stuff like that.
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I put my key in my bra slightly under a boob. lol Never had a problem with it; however, at the gym for my locker key, I'll stick it on my shoe lace and tie it up next to the base of the loops and double knot. Never lost a key that way either.
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I put it in my bra too! I have to wear 2 bras when I'm running so usually I stick my key in between the two. Has never fallen out!
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I either stick it in the mailbox (I run at **** off early in the morning and my housemates are still home), or both of my running capris have zippered pockets that are just big enough for a key.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I use one of these wrist pockets. It fits a couple of keys, but also has space to put in a bit of money and an ID card (or similar) just in case. Also doubles as a sweat band. Even with keys, money and a card in it, it's not bulky and is very comfortable to run with. I got mine in Australia, but you should be able to find a similar product at most major sports stores.

46041401.jpg
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    If I run without my hydration pack then I use a safety pin and pin my car key to my pants, leaving the key rings and extras in the car.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    i just got an armband for my phone and it has a key pocket :-) one of my best running investments so far.
    before, i'd put the key in my bra, or lace it to my shoes or shorts - I'd even considered putting it on a chain around my neck - even though i hate jewellery.
    mind, after the first few months of running, i started disqualifying any exercise clothes from purchase if they didn't have a pocket.
  • sm_usagi
    sm_usagi Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just carry mine in my hand! Phone in one hand, keys in the other, tissue stuffed in my bra. Sexy.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I put it in my bra too! I have to wear 2 bras when I'm running so usually I stick my key in between the two. Has never fallen out!

This is what I do! Put my phone down there, too. I end up looking like Quasimodo's sister but hey, those babies don't move!
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have one of these

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/accessories/bags-belts-and-wallets/ifitness-mini-lycra-belt-29238.html

I like to take my phone out with me. It fits snugly in there- it's quite a small pouch, which stretches.

I then put a house key in my back zip pocket in my running trousers.

p.s. FANNY PACK makes me chuckle. A lot. In the UK a fanny is ermmm ladies private parts.... ;)

Just saying.!!!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    We have a Keysafe outside the front door so I don't need to carry keys with me.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have a spibelt (http://www.spibelt.com/) that I love! It's a teeny tiny fanny pack that stretches to the shape of your objects and is almost invisible under clothes... I pack my phone, car key and ID in there and it works fabulously. I was really skeptical about it actually staying put while running when I first bought it, but it doesn't move an inch.

^ This! Someone asked a similar question about a month ago and I got one of these when it was suggested. They are available online but I was happy to find mine at a sporting goods store for the same price. I love it! And I agree, its perfect and it does stay in place. I wear mine under my shirt and its not visible.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Running shoe wallet, put it on your shoes and away you go.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/running-shoe-wallet
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The Nathan 5k belt is pretty comefortable too, I love it: it is big enough to put your phone and keys in and I can put my dogs retractable leash on it and carry poop bags; I hate holding things in my hands when I run so this changed my life! I think it costs like 20$
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    at the risk of stating the obvious..why not put the keys you NEED ( removed from key chains/fobs etc) into your pocket?
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hold them in my hand with the keys sticking out between my fingers like a knuckle duster - just in case!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Spibelt. I put my phone in it, and have a spare key on a carabiner that I clip to the belt.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    at the risk of stating the obvious..why not put the keys you NEED ( removed from key chains/fobs etc) into your pocket?

It's hard enough to find a pair of women's exercise bottoms that have a pocket, let alone a useful pocket that is big enough to put more than a quarter in or has some kind of closure. It's a big peeve of mine. I tried wearing men's shorts, because they have wonderful, deep pockets, but they're not cut for a shape like mine. :laugh: