Newbie to MFP

Options
Just start MFP 10/4/10. This is the 1st time in my life Iv'e had to count calories. Iv'e never had wieght issues till I quit smoking. I know it was a good thing for me but It's so discouraging that this is what I got for it. Iv'e been smoke free since 4/7/09 and gained 17 pounds. Which may not seem like alot to people but to me it is. None of my clothes fit anymore and I have half the amount of energy. But I'm really happy to have found the program and hope to change my self for the better and mabey meet some great people.

Replies

• Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard, it's fun here and we get to lose weight
  • Lark55
    Lark55 Posts: 5
    Options
    Kudos to you for getting free of the "cancer sticks" and tackling your weight gain before it's out of control! You'll find lots of good suggestions and support here. Don't get discouraged; you're making positive life choices.
  • shelld79
    shelld79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi im new to MFP. I lost weight and got to my goal. I then got poorly and have had a op and havent stopped snacking! When i was poorly i had to stop going gym and i continued to eat and eat my snacks! I have now put on heaps of weight (3st) Gutted :-( All my clothes now dont fit and i feel awful. Its so hard getting back to my regular gym pattern of 3 times a week but i must must must DO IT! Im now a size 16 and i was even asked me if im expecting again! I hope to meet someone that is in the same place as me and just needs some1 to help motivated them, Shelld79 x
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! :)