HOT-ober Sixers: Week 2

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning. Feeling like crap today and was all of last night too. What a bummer.

Lindsey...still no chocolate for me. Halloween candy will be the hardest...that's for sure.

Oh! Another bummer...the Race for the Cure 5K I've been planning on runnning is the 23rd which also happens to be my friend's baby shower. SO...my dilemma is either I show up EXTREMELY late for her shower and chances are Kadence will then be super fussy since she will have missed her morning nap, OR I skip the race I've been looking forward to. Still up in the air but I need to decide by tomorrow. UGH! I hate it when things don't work out.

ANYways...plan for today:
    B-Apple Cinn. Cherrios, skim milk, coffee w/sugar free creamer
    S-Banana, Chewy 90 cal bar
    L-Leftover pork loin, red potatos, carrots, light yogurt
    S-Chewy 90 cal bar, apple
    D-Homemade chicken and dumplings
    S-Reduced fat graham crackers

Exercise:
    2 mile run w/stroller
    Shred day 20 level 3 (I didn't shred last night due to feeling so crappy)

Have a good morning.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    today since it's my day off from work i'm going to catch up on some of my exercises i missed this month for the jillian michaels 30 day slimdown program...like i missed yesterday due to me going into work from 12 pm til 7pm i need to get up early...like real early to start my exercises...lol...
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Tiff (gonabfit)...........................SW 159.8 lbs/ GW 149.0 lbs/ CW 158.8 lbs/PROGRESS -1.0 lbs
    Lo (sexylonglegs)..................SW 217.2 lbs/ GW 210.0 lbs/ CW 213.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -4.2 lbs
    Beky (bekylouisex3)...............SW 145.0 lbs/ GW 138.0 lbs/ CW 144.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -1.0 lbs
    Lindsey (LHuffman24)..........SW 146.2 lbs/ GW 140.2 lbs/ CW 145.6 lbs/ PROGRESS -0.6 lbs
    Susan (Suedre)......................SW 176.0 lbs/ GW 170.0 lbs/ CW 176.0 lbs/ PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)...................SW 167.5 lbs/ GW 160.0 lbs/ CW 166.5 lbs/ PROGRESS -1.0 lbs
    Cathy(chipper)........................SW 239.0 lbs/ GW 233.0 lbs/ CW 240.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +1 lbs
    Lauren (ren315).....................SW 209.0 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 205.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -4.0 lbs
    Kel(redneckwoman)..............SW 155.0 lbs/ GW 150.0 lbs/ CW 152.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 3.0 lbs
    Jessyca(jaydensmamas)....SW 220.0 lbs/ GW 205.0 lbs/ CW 216.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -4.0 lbs
    KIZZY (kizzy_muss)...............SW 183.2 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 179.4 lbs/ PROGRESS -3.8 ibs
    Julia (jmiller0906)..................SW 130.4 lbs/ GW120.0 lbs/ CW 130.2 lbs/ PROGRESS 0.2 lbs
    Sandy (salvirez)......................SW 133.0 lbs/ GW 129.0 lbs/ CW 132.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -1.0 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) .....SW 135.8 lbs/ GW 133.0 lbs/ CW 136.8 lbs/ PROGRESS +1.0 lbs
    AmyS(Amy_36).......................SW 211.6 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 208.4 lbs/ PROGRESS -3.2 lbs
    B - (its_B) ................................SW 197.2 lbs/ GW 180.0 lbs/ CW 192.4 lbs/ PROGRESS -4.8 lbs
    Tracy ( frogy_98) ................... SW 217.0 lbs/ GW 210.0 lbs/ CW 215.4 lbs/ PROGRESS -1.6 lbs
    Amy (amypyr)..........................SW 157.6 lbs/ GW 153.0 lbs/ CW 159.4 lbs/ PROGRESS +1.8 lbs

Jennifer (candycaneps)........SW 184.6 lbs/ GW 178.6 lbs/ CW 184.6lbs/ PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising)......SW 160.6 lbs/ GW 158.0 lbs/ CW 160.6 lbs/ PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    Shanell (Nellienell12)............SW 206.0 lbs/ GW 199.5 lbs/ CW 206.0 lbs/ PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    MONTAGNA (alias Valeria)..SW 177.3 lbs/ GW 130.0 lbs/ CW 177.3 lbs/ PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    Brittany (brittany689).............SW 164.5 lbs/ GW 154.0 lbs/ CW 164.5 lbs/ PROGRESS 0.0 lbs

Sorry. Forgot to weigh in until this morning. I think my weight gain this week was due to water retention. I haven't been getting in all my water for a good month or so now. And just a couple days ago I realized that I'm not getting in enough fluids period, the good or the bad. For example, here it is 11 am, and I've only had 30 oz of water (Crystal Light) today. And that's just been in the last hour. And, yes, my water bottle has been sitting on my desk within easy reach since 9 am. So I'm making a little mini goal for myself starting today. I will get in 80 oz of fluids for the next week. I'll then start replacing the bad fluids with water.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    lindsey... it's just been a slow week. DH was asking me monday if it was friday yet. it's also been a long week. must be weather changes.

i got up at 5 really want to take a nap, but, i have to call some customers in CA in a bit to see what they are deciding on a house. hope it won't take long. I think i will go eat lunch now. so when i am done i can go curl up.

later
  • amypyr
    Options
    Oops! I miscalculated my water in my last post. I had only had 15 oz. At this point I've had 20 oz. I would have been SO happy to have 30 oz of water in by 11 am!
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    about an hour ago i finished the quick no more trouble zones...here in a few mins i will be doing it again since i missed a day of it so far...and i'll be up to date on the quick no more trouble zones...
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    im now up to date on the quick trouble zones of jillian michaels this month now all i have to work on is the 30 day shred level 1 today and i'll be up to date for this month
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think next month I will try to give up tortilla chips and salsa... They were NOT in today's plan, but I ate them anyway! Off to the gym now. I think I'll have plenty of room in my calories after my workout.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    go get-em kizzy tear it up girl....
  • jmiller0906
    jmiller0906 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So I went on my run today and listened to my iPod - I ran over a mile before I needed to stop. Distraction method worked! Yay! :happy:

Yes Lindsey, I agree - work drama is the worst! If you have issues with friends or family, no big deal, just stay away for a while until it blows over. Not like work where you have to go there 5 days a week/8 hours a day! Ugh. Everything seems to be fine though today, except that my whole department is watching what they say (which I guess we should have been doing from the start) because we don't know *who* is listening. :tongue:

I have also given something up - I'm giving up candy bars. My coworker really wants to quit smoking, so a few of us have rallied together to give up something that we love/crave/and have daily. We're hoping to be a support group, but since the rest of us are giving up sugar of some kind, and she's giving up cigarettes, maybe we'll all just kill each other from the stress of it all. Haha j/k of course! :noway:

I see that a few of you are "shredding" and it's making me nervous. I have the Shred dvd and have it on my calendar to start January 2nd. I'm assuming that I will, even though I will try not to, put on pounds over the holidays. So I have plans to "shred" them away. But I don't know if I can do push-ups! It sounds like a lot of good strength training. Do you guys love it?

Lindsey - hang in there, Monday is right around the corner. I can't wait to hear about the new job.

Kristin - I would probably do the walk/run and show up late for the shower. It's for a good cause, you already signed up, and if it were me I'd feel really bummed if I didn't do it. Does Kadence ever nap in the stroller?

For the rest - hope everyone is having a great week! TGIF (tomorrow!) :heart:
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    OCTOBER 1 - FRIDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1 :sad:

OCTOBER 2: SATURDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1:sad:

OCTOBER 3 - SUNDAY:
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :sad:

OCTOBER 4 - MONDAY -
    JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1:drinker:

OCTOBER 5 - TUESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS BURN FAT, BOOST METABOLISM:drinker:

OCTOBER 6 - WEDNESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES:drinker:

OCTOBER 7 - THURSDAY
    OFF (MAYBE ACCORDING TO THE 30 DAY SLIM DOWN CALENDAR...BUT I DIDN'T DO THE FIRST 3 DAYS SO I'M CATCHING UP ON THAT)

SO BELOW IS WHAT I DID TODAY SO FAR:
    OCTOBER 1 - FRIDAY
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1 :drinker:

OCTOBER 3 - SUNDAY:
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :drinker:

AND SINCE TOMORROW WHICH IS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2010, IS THE 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 I'LL JUST DO THAT TWICE AND I'LL BE CAUGHT UP FOR THE MONTH....IT'S AN HOUR BEFORE MIDNIGHT HERE IN CALIFORNIA I WANT TO REST...LOL
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    OK so i just signed up to start a couch to 5 k challenge that's starting on october 11 on MFP....i've never done anything like this before so along with my jillian michaels 30 day slimdown program i'll be doing this too

i was wondering how in the world i was going to do this after i signed up for it...was i needing to look at my cell phone the whole time i was doing this or what??? my cell phone has a stopwatch mode anyways so i looked on the internet for like a couch to 5k music thing...and sure enough i found it :-) below is the link to it

http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

after ur walking interval is up it makes like a chime sound...and very NOTICEABLE....and it does the same thing as when ur jogging interval is up...it does play music so its not like there's someone saying for u to start walking or jogging every so seconds....like i said that's what the chime sound does
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning,

this day will get better. i came out of the bathroom and there is son's girlfriend sitting on the couch. i run around in my nightgown. i was going to finish up a show, and than stick in a dvd and get a workout done. can't with them here. i have to show houses this morning. so no time now. than a very important check hasn't cleared my bank yet. have to call and see if they even got it and if not pay out the butt to stop payment and send another one.

i will not eat for this. i will not stress over life. it happens and there is nothing i can do about it, just move on with my day. things happen all the time it won't be the last nor is it the first. i will pull up my granny panties and move on. i can get in a walk later today. i can call them when they open. i can still have a good day.

got to get some work done,

later
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    OK so i just signed up to start a couch to 5 k challenge that's starting on october 11 on MFP....i've never done anything like this before so along with my jillian michaels 30 day slimdown program i'll be doing this too

i was wondering how in the world i was going to do this after i signed up for it...was i needing to look at my cell phone the whole time i was doing this or what??? my cell phone has a stopwatch mode anyways so i looked on the internet for like a couch to 5k music thing...and sure enough i found it :-) below is the link to it

http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

after ur walking interval is up it makes like a chime sound...and very NOTICEABLE....and it does the same thing as when ur jogging interval is up...it does play music so its not like there's someone saying for u to start walking or jogging every so seconds....like i said that's what the chime sound does

You'll like that. When I did the C25K, it was in a 'class' setting so all I had to do was listen for the whistle. I think if I had to look at a watch I would have gone nutso. I didn't always make it the whistle, but you know... I tried. I've got a 5K tomrrow and it's a pretty awesome feeling knowing that I can do it. :)
  • frogy_98
    frogy_98 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Cathy - I hope your day improves at least it is friday right... this to shall pass hopefully quickly.
    Kizzy - way to go signing up for the challenge!

AFM: Today is good, got up and started cleaning and got laundry going so productive so far. I plan on getting a walk in today and take dd to the park, it is supposed to be 80 degrees today, so probably our last 80 degree day of the year. I think we are going to grill out tonight nothing special just burgers and hot dogs. But then I get to chat with dh about money. I hate this topic I wish we never had any money issues it would make life so much easier. Oh well one thing at a time. But hey this week has been good so far, trying to work on my water intake have not been doing good with this so that is my goal for the rest of this week, is to get at least 8 glasses of water in. Still doing great and have not had any pop this month so doing good on that challenge.

Will hop on later I hope you ladies all have a great weekend.

Tracy
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning. Still feeling like crap. So we shall see what kind of a workout I get in tonight. Last night was just my 2 mile path...mostly walking but a little running. I hate being sick.

Decided I will probably skip the race this year. Such a bummer. But I'm supposed to be helping with the shower also so should be there early to help set up and all that. If it wasn't such a close friend I wouldn't care, but she's like a sister-in-law to me. Oh well. There's always next year.

Hope you all have a great weekend and I hope to be feeling better and more chatty next week!
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Tracy - I've also had trouble the last few days getting all my water in! We will push through it, and GAH MONEY!!! I hate money...
    Kizzy- I picked out my first 5k race with my boyfriend last night! We are going to try and do one on the 27th of November. I am super excited for you and your program!
    Suedre - Good luck with your 5k tomorrow!

K so yesterday was a super relaxed day, except that I was soooo sore (mostly still am too). Literally it hurts to walk. My thighs, shins, calfs, ankles... I dont understand, the only thing I can think of is that maybe I was running wrong, like I lost my form... I shouldnt be sooo sore after only like 3 miles, even then we were walking most of the time!

Anyway we were going to do strength type training yesterday, but my bf had to get some stuff done for an application. I did go to the beach for about an hour, but because its so windy down here right now it was really chilly. I did pick up about a garbage bag full of trash out of the ocean which made me feel really good. So I will update tonight with how ever much working out we get done.

Hope everyone has a good TGIF!
    B
  • amypyr
    Options
    Good morning! I went running yesterday to pick up the kids and ran a good 8 feet further than I did Monday! :bigsmile: That's the furthest I've ever run!! I'm running again today also.

Got about 70 oz of fluids yesterday with about 50 of those being Crystal Light. It wasn't my goal of 80 oz, but it's so much more than I have been getting! AND the best part is that when I stepped on the scale this morning (couldn't help it), I weighed 158.7!

I'll post personals later. Still at work and need to finish some things up here.
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    OCTOBER 1 - FRIDAY

OCTOBER 2 - SATURDAY

OCTOBER 3 - SUNDAY:
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :drinker:

OCTOBER 4 - MONDAY -
    JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 :drinker:

OCTOBER 5 - TUESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS BURN FAT, BOOST METABOLISM :drinker:

OCTOBER 6 - WEDNESDAY
    JILLIAN MICHAELS NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES :drinker:

OCTOBER 7 - THURSDAY
    OFF

OCTOBER 8 -
    JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 :drinker:

i'm now up to date on my jillian michaels 30 day slimdown program

even though i have all 3 dvds to the program i use the ON DEMAND section on cable....they have all 3....at least level 1 of the 30 day shred...not sure of level 2...i dont want to think that far ahead...lol...instead of having to pop in dvds everytime i just turn on the tv and go to ON DEMAND and go to jillian michaels...i have not been using the weights for the simple fact i dont have the weights yet...not for another 2 weeks when i get paid again..i just got paid yesterday but i have bills to pay...lol...but here in a day or two im getting 2 - 20 oz water bottles and use those as hand weights
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Bit of good news!! My friends shower turns out is on a DIFFERENT day!!!! Wahoo!! I signed up for the race today and am SUPER excited!!! So...On October 23rd I will be running a 5K!!!!!