boo I'm sick and ravenous

Options
Why does everyone seem to lose their appetite when they are sick except me. I am craving cheesy greasy foods big time!

Anyone else get this?

Replies

• Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was sick recently and all I craved was fried foods. It's a strange phenomenon.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I crave simple carbs and lots of them when I feel ill, you are not alone!
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I used to be that way too! Only recently I lose my appetite when I get sick. In the past, I'd want to eat super high calorie and fattening foods with each cold. Strange!
  • Maureen214
    Maureen214 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've had a stomach virus and bad almost migraines the past three days and at first didn't want to eat, but knew I had to with my reg medicine and my migraine and pain medicine. Now today I've been starving, but basically eating ginger ale crackers a bagel and bread for the past three days. This is do wierd cause I can't drink water cause it's making me nauseous and I gave't had soda even caffeine free ginger ale cause of the sugar and I've had hardly any regular processed carbs like white bread and crackers. And then my stomach hurts even more about 30 minutes after I eat!!! Tonight I had a little turkey with my bread and no go. I don't know what to do. Haven't gone to doctor cause I I is lots of people I've been near have had 2-4 day viruses and ado tie visit won't do much fir a virus, but tire me out more !!!! Ugh!!!
    I guess I have to just give it one more day !
    Thoughts ???
  • Maureen214
    Options
    Obviously I can't type on top of auto correct not liking me right now !!!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    you are not alone, this almost always happens to me when i catch a bug. I usually crave McDonalds. also grilled cheeses, fried chicken, & chef boyardee beefaroni & ravioli
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Also craving green veggies and butter - kinda healthy?
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I like to think that if I am ill and I am craving certain foods it is because my body actually either needs the nutrients or the calories to fight the disease. It's probably not true, but please leave my this little illusion, cause I don't need to feel rubbish because of what I eat on top of feeling rubbish for being sick. Hope you get better soon :-)
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I crave all foods when I'm sick too!
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    it shouldn't seem strange, at least it doesn't to me. Your body needs more water and nutrients to fight disease. Dehydration often feels like hunger, too. I usually just drink a lot more water than usual, which seems to stave off the cravings.
  • Maureen214
    Options
    You're right. I probably am partially dehydrated with this headache/ stomach pains/ visits to the bathroom. I normally drink my 8-10 glasses of water and have only managed 3 or 4 the past three days and have been drinking ginger ale. But the water us making me feel nauseous on top of all the other sick feelings. So hopefully one more day and most of it will subside.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Ever since I was little, my sister is the same way, when we were sick, we ate like crazy. Benadryl also does it for me. I remember having the flu a few years ago, and I was home in bed. My wife called to check if I needed anything while she was on her way home from work. Whopper with cheese meal from BK & a 2 piece dinner from Popeye's. Hungry when sick much? LOL