Need to get back on track....

Options
All I have to say is what a week................... Went out of town last weekend ,so I did not follow program!!! Said no problem I'll get back on track on monday! Well that did not happen, As I got a call on monday morning that my husband was being rushed to the hopsital, His blood pressure went trough the roof. So we spent the last four day's in the hospital!! Glad to say I have him home today, And he's doing well!!!:heart::heart:
So as for program I did not work out, eat my calories.... After the first day in the hospital with DH I could not believe how bad the food choice's are omg and this is in the health care!! Junk food, all crap food ......I was so shocked:mad: :mad: And we wonder way people are obese. Whats up with this????? so as for the rest of the time I spent in the hospital with DH I packed my food, The nurse thought it was funny, Why because I had all healthy things packed..... I think there is nothing funny about it!!!!: So I just wanted to share whats be going on in my side of the world.... I'm glad to be back and that I have my hubby with me.:heart::heart:

Replies

• ktyang04
    Options
    It's ok tomorrow is a brand new day...
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just forget about last week and start a new week! You can do it! Maybe time to put hubby on a diet too atleast a low sodium!

I work in healthcare and if you look closely most of the healthcare workers are OBESE ! Wonder why? LOL!
  • logansmom6106
    logansmom6106 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your husband glad that he is home.I understand what you are saying about hosp food, I work in health care and as bad as it sounds most of us are over weight and we smoke. Not good I know.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am so glad your hubby is back home, is he doing okay? I know what you mean about hospitals and their terrible food options have spent a lot of time in hospitals and it is amazing to me that the health care industry is so irresponsible about the food selections. Good for you for packing your own food!

You can get back on track now that your husband is home and you have your own food to choose from.

Be healthy and know that you and your family are in my prayers.
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    40kat,
    Hubby is now going to be on a low sodium diet.... As for his weight it 's great! He worksout a lot.
    IS there not some type of program the health care can start? Where we can change what types of food 's are in the cafeteria? I really wanted to cry when I seen what food choices I had to pick from!!
    Just forget about last week and start a new week! You can do it! Maybe time to put hubby on a diet too atleast a low sodium!

I work in healthcare and if you look closely most of the healthcare workers are OBESE ! Wonder why? LOL!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it is because of where you live. I've not been in many hospitals (thank goodness) but the ones I have been to here in my area have some great healthy options both on the menu for the patients and in the cafeteria.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The hospital I worked at had an amazing salad bar and some great soups as well as good healthy options in the hot lines. Of course they also had the deep fried chicken strips and french fries.. It's all in the decisions we make :)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear hubby is back home where he belongs! You are so right about hospital food. :sick: My hubbs was in for a week and with him so was I. I camped out there the whole time. I did manage to find a few healthy items. It took some searching. I stuck with low fat yogurt and fruits. The salad bar. They did have a hummus and baked pita chip snack pack that was tasty. I lost about 3 lbs that week. LOL They sure had a whole lot of donuts, cakes, sweets, and high fatty food, I agree with you, they really need to revamp the whole thing.

So.....put last week behind you and just keep moving forward. Take care of yourself and hubby.

I did pack an overnight food supply because that is how long he was supposed to be in for. One night turned into 4. The nurses gave me strange looks too!
  • lisablueeyes
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone!!!

Today is going to be a good day...
  • lisablueeyes
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone!!!

Today is going to be a good day...