Ready for a Change

Options
I'm a 34 year old mother of two who lives in Texas. I have two daughters 14 and 10 years old that are very active. I want to be very active with them. Over the years I became very comfortable in my marriage, which resulted in becoming very comfortable at the dinner table. My husband tells me daily he loves me just the way I am, however I am not satisified. I lose motivation when I don't see results. I have dabbled with this program for about two months now, and I have seen the reviews and words of encouragement from the members. I am READY to take part in this.. I am ready to be healthy for my two beautiful daughters. I Welcome ALL the Support I can get.

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people and helpful posts over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Welcome, just being here and posting is a HUGE step in the right direction. Take it one day at a time and tell yourself "I can do ANYTHING for just one day!" And then do it again the next day. Before too long, those single days will add up to a nice healthy change in your lifestyle. It's hard to do this. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be here! Try and figure out what your triggers are. Do you overeat? Eat too much of unhealthy stuff? Binge? Not exercise at all? For me it was both quantity and quality. I worked out like a fiend and thought that meant I could eat whatever I wanted-uhh, no. Before too long, I was matching my husband and teenage sons for quantity. So, I haven't eliminated anything but I have cut way back on how much I eat and I have started eating much healthier foods to maximize my calories. Feel free to friend me if you want for support. You will find that the people on here are wonderful and very supportive. Good luck!
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    We all have gotten comfortable! Why is that? UGH! You can do this though its a great program! Feel free to add me as well!
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I signed up for this thing 2 years ago, and I'd quit every time I started. This time is different. I realized that if I quit, the only person I'm cheating is myself. So I'm trying harder this time. I find reading all of other peoples comments keeps me motivated! You can do it! Good luck with your journey!
  • ljkc92
    ljkc92 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank You I really appreciate this. it's very tough to lose the weight I gained in over 15 years.. I know with all the support I can do this.