America's Cup Sailing

Options
NotRailMeat
NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
**** Spoiler Alert **** For those of you who haven't heard today's results and don't want to, stop reading now! **** Spoiler Alert ****

Now for the rest of you, who would have thought that after starting the series with a two race penalty (0 to -2) and then, at one point, being down 8-1 to NZL that Team USA could come back to tie things up at 8-8; forcing a final day of racing tomorrow (first to 9 wins)?

Replies

• bergamese
    bergamese Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am so freaking obsessed with the AC! Can't wait until tomorrow!!
  • bergamese
    Options
    Looks like high winds on Wednesday...I'm predicting the racing will be postponed. This is a nail-biter.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    My Kiwi friends work productivity has plummeted.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    FFS if we don't gorramed win that stupid bloody cup I'm sending the entire race team to mordor :grumble:
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Apparently both teams are made up of numerous nationalities and the tacttician who has turned the US performance around is Ben Ainslie....who's a Brit :-)
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    Apparently both teams are made up of numerous nationalities and the tacttician who has turned the US performance around is Ben Ainslie....who's a Brit :-)

Yep - trust a Brit to get the job done!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

There is only one American on the American team.
  • bergamese
    Options
    I don't know if the US has solely Ben to thank -- they kept making updates to the boat design until they had a winner. Someone needs to check the Oracle boat for a motor in one of those hulls. ;-)

I feel bad for the Kiwis. Their nation wanted it, every last person.

I am THRILLED that Oracle USA won b/c I live in SF and it's been a treat to have the race in my backyard. Can't wait to see it again in 4 years.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Well done to the Oracle team. Very disappointed NZ didn't take the cup but the best team won in the end.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I just hope this means uncle Lazza will be in a good mood when he reviews our bonuses this year (I work for Oracle)
  • bergamese
    Options
    Well done to the Oracle team. Very disappointed NZ didn't take the cup but the best team won in the end.

I don't know if it was the best team that won, but definitely the boat with the fastest upwind speed did.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Well, on the plus side, NZ still has the best rugby team in the world. At least we rock at something.