Always hungry !!!

Options
This week nearly everyday I have felt hungry alllllllll day ! Why?

MFP has me on 1200 a day which I eat, I normally workout about 200-300 cals a day and eat about half, I eat porridge every morning, fruit as a snack mid morning, healthy sandwich and yogurt for lunch, some days even crisps, oat bar mid afternoon, then some sort of low cal, low fat veggie meal. My work mates joke I eat all day ! To day I felt quite faint with hunger. Any thoughts?

Don't know if this has anything do with it as well, but been trying to lose a few more pounds over last year and lost nothing, except a few inches.

Replies

• trc1987
    Options
    What I usually do when I am hungry is drink a huge glass of water and chew on some gum. Your body is just adjusting to the change. Are stomachs take a while to shrink, it shrinks little by little with each day. When that happens, the food you are eating will surely fill you up. Just hang in there. It does get easier with time. Hope that helps. : )
  • k1979k
    k1979k Posts: 94
    Options
    I was the same a couple of weeks ago so added 200 calories a day. I'm still in a calorie defecit on that (1400 cals) so still losing, but I'm not hungry anymore so not always thinking about food and being tempted!!
    If it's real hunger and not thirst or emotional/boredom eating then I think it's best to listen to your body.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    the closer you get to your goal the harder it is. it also sounds as if you arent eating hardly any protein. check your intake of that because if your brain doesnt have enough, it will tell you it is starving whether you are or not.and you can move a little more to eat a little more.
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    I find that when I work out lots (like when I was training for a half-marathon), I was hungery ALL THE TIME. Listen to your body and eat when you need to. its most likely with your new lifestyle, your metabolism is kicked into high speed. I agree with drinking a glass of water first before you decide to eat something, maybe your body is telling you that you are thirsty. If you do need to eat, just make sure its healthy decisions.greek yogurt fills you up good. i just started eating it yesturday and I already find that I snack way less. fiber would do the trick as well. Hope this helps.:bigsmile:
  • John8188
    Options
    If you are working out for 400 cals you need to eat that. You shouldnt have more then 200 cals left over at teh end of the day. I do the same thing. Some times I get 600 calls from working out. I have to eat them too.
  • grnfairy
    grnfairy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree on the protein idea. It will fill you up better and keep longer. Eggs for breakfast keeps me full longer than cereal. Plus, I notice if I eat a lot of sugar I crash hard and end up eating a lot more than I should. Keep up with the veggies, you can eat a lot of those without too much calorie intake. The more the fiber the better.
  • firecaptainswife
    Options
    Snacking on almonds helps me. I measure myself a serving of those bad boys, put the rest away (haha) and chomp down.