FT4 heart rate monitor

Options
Good Morning guys!

Im just wondering if anyone had any insight on what might be going on. I got up to do my workout this morning, strapped on the ol HRM, and at first it said no heart rate readable...but I mean...I was living at the time..so...whats up with that. So I checked, to make sure the chest strap was wet enough, on right (:noway: ) and such, all was good...tried the watch again and then it said I had a HR of 223...and then fluctuated between 204 and 223. took it off again, washed the sensor pads a bit and then tried again. Same result. I used it last night before bed and it worked fine. Just looking for any tips...other than perhaps ordering a new chest strap?!
Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks guys!

Replies

• eikito
    eikito Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Have you washed the strap in your washing machine? (don't use fabric softener); if you continue to experience problems and your polar FT4 is still under warranty contact Polar. I had similar problems and they asked me to send it to them. It came back a few days later with a brand new strap.
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Could be time to replace the battery? Do you take the snap on sensor off when you are not using it? i also heard submerging it in water to clean it is a bad idea. Hope you can get it working soon! Love my FT4!:bigsmile:
  • chrismeece74
    Options
    Wife had the same problem with hers. It was the strap. We accidentally washed it with Fabric Softner, it would just stop reading randomly. We rewashed it and it has been fine since.
  • berrydana7
    berrydana7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    the HRM is sometimes like that. it takes a while to detect and read your heart rate. i read somewhere that if you sweat, it will read your heart rate more accurately. also when i first began using my polar, i realised the strap was too loose so i tightened it quite a bit. if you are wearing a sports bra, i would tuck it underneath so it would sit neatly and have good contact with your skin. if you aren't, i would tighten it a lot more than usual otherwise it would tend to overestimate your heart rate and produce inaccurate readings.
    good luck!