15 day liquid diet mess up!

Options
Today was a horrible day. I have been very strict and set on having this surgery. I have followed a very strict liquid diet for 7 days to shrink my liver. However today ruined my chances I do believe. I was at work and my sugar dropped to 54. I was shaky and almost passed out. To some that is not a real low sugar but to someone who normally runs high it is extremely low. hen your on a sugar free liquid diet there is nothing that can bring your sugar up at my job other than the icing from the cinna stick and it was either pass out or go into a coma and possibly die or get that sugar back up. So I was given two small pouches of the icing and a half a dollar burger. To absorb some carbs. Now that I have done that I have felt guilty all day and I figure I ruined my chances of having my surgery so I ate a small bowl of Alfredo pasta for dinner because after my sugar drops that low I feel horrible the rest of the day I am scared to go to bed now without something that could keep my sugar at a good normal for me high. I messed up my diet so bad now and I guess its time to give up. There is no way I can recover form the damage I did today. I am sad and depressed now and just feel plain worthless. How am I going to shrink my fatty liver now?

Replies

• spittster
    Options
    call your nutritionist. I bet it didn't mess it up all that badly.
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This is only a small stumble. You haven't failed anything. You need to call you doctor and explain all this. Are you diabetic? What surgery are you wanting to have?

Hang in there.
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What surgery are you having? And when your sugar drops low, eat peanut butter crackers and drink milk. It will stabilize it instead of jacking it up really fast only to have it bottom back out again.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Well, holy snicker doodles:

I looked up the liquid diet and liver shrink think to see if it was hinky or not and I stumbled upon this:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4315534/Pre-op-liquid-diet-to-shrink-liver/

- Check out cabcab in particular who ate food once at work and the day before her actual surgery and still had a successful surgery. And her liquid diet was not sugar free.
  • spittster
    Options
    depending on your doctor, make your shakes with milk. There is lactose and it will help to stabilize things. Remember to have something every 3-4 hours. Even though it is a liver shrink. It shouldn't make you feel like this. It is crazy. Your doctor or nutritionist should be able to help. I went thru this 2 years ago, it is not pleasant, but doable and is "training" for your new life. . . You can do it!!!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to find a way to lose weight. If you can tough out a 2 week liquid with no sugar diet then you don't need surgery. Just use some of that willpower and determination to live a healthy life that doesn't destroy your health. Gastric surgery only masks the problem and doesn't work if you can't get your brain in the right place. Fix the mental issues that cause over eating and you won't need surgery.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY get what you're saying Mokey, but she already has the lapband thingie installed. She's just getting some appliance adjustment stuff. I mean if it's already in there . . . ya know?

But, I get you, I rather just eat 500 calories less a day and boogie on. Different strokes . . . s'all good.